E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Bagged

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-02-2008, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 116 Likes on 74 Posts
2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by Federic0W124
I have a 300e. e420. 500e. oh let's not forget the C36...
oh wait the 190e 2.6 too. It doesn't make me better than
anyone...in fact I'm a real ****hole.
yooo wuts going on ****hole

how you been meng
Old 10-02-2008, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
He's from NY/NJ a level of smugness has to be expected. I won't judge anyones income by the car they drive because i don't know their life. Maybe some of you can afford a brand new car but that's not the point. If i drove a e55 w211 should i say your car is a POS? I don't think so. Just because you drive it doesn't mean it's yours if you have it on credit. A lot of "Ballers" on mbworld audi and bmw forums don't really own their cars. Anyways, air suspensions.... Get some firestone bags and 1/2 lines... put metal plates on the shock towers and call it a day...
Old 10-02-2008, 11:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
Andre! Check yourself, I mean it.

1. You aren't better than the rest of us...500E's go for 15k biiiiiig whoop!!

2. MAYYYYYBE Appatula meant it made him sad that his car doesn't look like yours.

Carry on.
Thanks for clearing things up Z However before I must carry on I feel the need to address you AndreNY. A.) I may drive a "POS 300E" but my tires fit and B.) I can vouch that I have not completely ruined the suspension and handling ability of my car, or in your instance, a car that had exceptional engineering particularly in those such areas. C.) You call a 300E a POS........umm, to compliment your brilliance I have four characters for you "W124".....not much wiggle room is there Darwin

In my defense, my 300E is far from a POS in my eyes, and much more practical than your INCREDIBLY GODLY 500E (W124)

Cheers!
Old 10-03-2008, 04:35 AM

1992 400E
^I wouldn't worry about what anyone has to say about your car man.
You're going in the right direction...hard to believe your car is 22 years old.
The 500e is a fantastic car no doubt...but we must remember which
car spawned the damn thing to begin with. I love all the cars I drive....
but the 300e is the smoothest as is the 190e 2.6. Something about
the m103 motor
oh and albert I've been alright. I must apologize for the whole clip thing.
I actually still have them hahaha but at the time I switched job positions
at work and never had anytime for myself much less getting you those clips.
damn I just wrote a novel!
Old 10-03-2008, 08:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
couple of Benzos
wow some u guys surprise me a bit, of course the MR. know it all "YNVDIZW124" but i wont wast my time with him.

i have nothing against 300E's i used to own a E320 before the 500 but this douche bag "appatula" comes off with a silly comment he should be ready to take one back, and not cry about it like a little girl. What tire/wheel size or suspension i run on my car, is my choice not yours, i do not "track the car" or drive it hard i like the car to look good and make it a cruiser. I have springs on now and would love to to Air ride so that i can have normal hight when driving over *****ty roads and be able to slam the car on the floor with a push of a button when i want to. But im sure in your book that's just wrong because the 500E is a "performance car"

Bottom line if your gonna throw a stupid comment make sure you can take one back and no cry about it
Old 10-03-2008, 08:49 AM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
"He's from NY/NJ a level of smugness has to be expected..."

HEY!

Andre's comment said more about Andre than App's car or Northeast smugness.

App's response was polite, and a bullseye.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:30 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by AndreNY
wow some u guys surprise me a bit, of course the MR. know it all "YNVDIZW124" but i wont wast my time with him.

i have nothing against 300E's i used to own a E320 before the 500 but this douche bag "appatula" comes off with a silly comment he should be ready to take one back, and not cry about it like a little girl. What tire/wheel size or suspension i run on my car, is my choice not yours, i do not "track the car" or drive it hard i like the car to look good and make it a cruiser. I have springs on now and would love to to Air ride so that i can have normal hight when driving over *****ty roads and be able to slam the car on the floor with a push of a button when i want to. But im sure in your book that's just wrong because the 500E is a "performance car"

Bottom line if your gonna throw a stupid comment make sure you can take one back and no cry about it
Hey, remember your the one bringing this back to high school drama with your sickeningly childish remarks, "douche bag" "Piece of *****" "little girl", lets graduate from secondary school. I posted a very simple "this picture makes me sad", then I elaborated in a semi-respectful manner why I thought this after reading your first immature and insulting post. I think I hit a serious soft spot because all the money you spent lowering, stretching and trying to "look cool" didn't impress me, and you know what? BIG DEAL! I am entitled to my own opinion, so are you, and I'm sure a lot of people think that your 500E looks amazing, however, I personally prefer a more tasteful approach including mods focusing around the classy stigma that encompasses a car of that caliber, enthusiasts seem to follow this route. I regret voicing my opinion because I feel that you had taken my first post wayyyyy out of proportion to the point where "name calling" and insults were your only ammo. I also appreciate fellow forum members pointing your childishness out. AndreNY, to put this bluntly the way you communicate with your keyboard sucks, you have succeeded in not only insulting me, but others here by posting a very broad, inappropriate, and emotionally motivated jab. Please don't take this as a insult either, I enjoy expanding our community here especially with people who are in ownership of such a respectable car. Sorry you took my first five word post out of proportion, it was not supposed to be as demeaning as you conceived. Truce?
Old 10-03-2008, 11:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
LOL Andre...way to be the guy that's better than everyone else. As Appatula said, people might think your car looks sweet, but not everyone respects you, or your car. I mean, don't get me wrong...I LOVE 500's. But you're is somewhat taken out of proportion. Granted you don't have that many mods, but the excessively stretched tires aren't the safest, don't you think? Or how about even a change in angle in the road? You'd be screwed if your sig isn't chopped, right? Not trying to be an ****hole or anything here, just saying you're not any better than anyone on here. No matter what your car is.

I have a 240sx with a ls1...does that make me white trash because I also own multiple Mercedes Benz's?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j10t3Og5T2w

Last edited by STLe320; 10-03-2008 at 11:22 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 11:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts
couple of Benzos
Wow all this hostility for calling a car a POS?

My car is modded the way I wanted it and the way I like it, but for some reason in this country my car is way outside the box. Im so sorry my car is not a "magazine car" meaning I have to have what everyone else has: Ex: Eibach springs, AMG wheels Painted tails Black Tints..... Honestly I know most of you dislike my car and I could care less, opinions are like A$$holes everyone has one. I just don’t understand how most of you "are making ***** up" and jumping on me like I said im better then all of you? I just called his car a POS after he did the same to mine. So why am I getting attacked here for something I did not say but “allegedly” according to you guys I was trying to better then all of you
Old 10-03-2008, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
all i know is that i love that benz lol.. its pretty sisck into my eyes.....

anyhow lets just drop the POS subject and say that my car is a POS instead alright i dont mind

bam bamm CASE CLSOED
everybody be happy.. i know everybody is cool in here sooo lets keep it like that
Old 10-03-2008, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
yeah albert, get a new car for christ sake! LOL
Old 10-03-2008, 12:30 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
Andre, Relax. You are defending your car when it is not under attack. Read what folks are saying.

I do not love the look, but I am glad you are here and posting.

And your coming upgrades will alter my opinion even on the look...because imo form follows function, you're just getting there backwards.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by AndreNY
Wow all this hostility for calling a car a POS?

My car is modded the way I wanted it and the way I like it, but for some reason in this country my car is way outside the box. Im so sorry my car is not a "magazine car" meaning I have to have what everyone else has: Ex: Eibach springs, AMG wheels Painted tails Black Tints..... Honestly I know most of you dislike my car and I could care less, opinions are like A$$holes everyone has one. I just don’t understand how most of you "are making ***** up" and jumping on me like I said im better then all of you? I just called his car a POS after he did the same to mine. So why am I getting attacked here for something I did not say but “allegedly” according to you guys I was trying to better then all of you
Your car is not "way outside the box", and you do NOT have to take what everyone else has, and we DO NOT dislike your car. I think the majority of us here without 500E's would love one to own one as you do. However back to the misunderstanding here, the reason you don't need to add the AMG wheels or eibach springs tints ect. are that you really don't need to add much to the car you own, it is quite sound in every automotive aspect that I can think of. The main insult that I have about your car is that when adding mods the majority try to improve stock characteristics, while you have improved the cosmetic aesthetics of your 500E I feel that the decrease in performance and practicability far outweighs the added cool custom look. The sweet spot lay in between looks and performance, ideally a cool look with a added advantage over stock is what seems rational. Anyone with a big enough wallet can make anything look cool, however, when I see something that looks cool and outperforms a stock setup I respect the owners consideration and time spent to search for that perfect match. I can go over to e30tech.com and see a million over stretched tires on expensive rims, its a common boy-racer mentality however, to me its a dime a dozen. Your car looks nice, its slick, low, and yours, my sadness spurs from the fact that you have now hampered the original performance of a great automobile in sacrifice for looks. Again, I can attest to NEVER posting one obscene remark about you other than calling you childish in which your previous posts stand as my motive. Also I NEVER ONCE said your car was a "POS" so SHOW ME when I said that, your assumption are not facts. I hope you now understand what I truly was implying if not please refer to Line 1 of this post. Lets be friendly, and ask questions before making predetermined assumptions. I respect you, now please respect me and not call me a douche bag, little girl, or hurt my 300E's feelings anymore than you have
Old 10-03-2008, 01:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by STLe320
yeah albert, get a new car for christ sake! LOL
yeah mmmmmmmm shut up mark lol

wut u up too playa

ohh and what do you think of my new ugly breaks lol

Last edited by berti_00; 10-03-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95' AMG SeeThreeSix
Originally Posted by berti_00
yeah mmmmmmmm shut up mark lol

wut u up too playa

ohh and what do you think of my new ugly breaks lol

Looks horrible!!! hehe Thats the only bone I have to pick with Monoblocks, you cant show off any of the sweet braking goodness. Are those the plastic caliper covers? They look pretty decent, and are those rotors cryo treated?
Old 10-03-2008, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
Originally Posted by appatula
Looks horrible!!! hehe Thats the only bone I have to pick with Monoblocks, you cant show off any of the sweet braking goodness. Are those the plastic caliper covers? They look pretty decent, and are those rotors cryo treated?
hahah i know its hard to show them but hell am sure they are gone be a bit noticable... i dont know about the cryo treatment they might be lol not sure but the calipers hmmmm maybe they are real brembos lol
Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
2PHAST, RBYCC, BIGPETE, RHW, CHRISDPHAM and other members on this forum know more than me on different topics because of their knowledge and experiance. I would say i know about wheels and something about air bags because i've done it. If someone has a question and I think i know the answer i'll give them my best advice. If you want to avoid having the strut pop out of the top of the shock tower follow my advice. If you want to dismiss it by me being a know it all that's up to you...

Andre's comment said more about Andre than App's car or Northeast smugness.
RHW - I know not everyone in NY/NJ is the same but majority rules. I've never noticed any smuggness on your part. My apologies if i ofended you in any way.
Old 10-05-2008, 04:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E 420
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYjnDh40PZs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwObPQu2a_E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV5lvdEHtb8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGzrTJ9nwXU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AneEC1mgM3M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETOjEUnQO0k

Last edited by childofjuly; 10-05-2008 at 04:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2008, 08:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
i woudner how much is a setup for airbags and whatnot
Old 10-05-2008, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
I've seen those videos..and they kinda make me want an airbag system. Due to him having the exact same wheels as me..
Old 10-05-2008, 11:47 AM
Almost a Member!

91 300E 4matic
avg price like 1500 and i didnt make this thread so everyone could be so hostile we all have cool cars and we all have different styles so can we end it. well on that note ill see you guys around
Old 10-05-2008, 01:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 e320...sold the rest
Originally Posted by 91300e
avg price like 1500 and i didnt make this thread so everyone could be so hostile we all have cool cars and we all have different styles so can we end it. well on that note ill see you guys around
By any chance...do you have any pictures you'd like to share?
Old 10-05-2008, 02:46 PM

1995 E 420
man I don't know if air bags messes up suspension or what.. but they sure look cool...
Old 10-05-2008, 04:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Air bag on a VIP style w124 would look cool. I would say they are not practical for a daily drive but damn on a sat night cruiser that looks pretty good to me...

I wanna try air bags but just on the back. I think that's the easier to do and it will help when i have people in the back seat.

look here for parts... http://airbagit.com

Last edited by YNVDIZW124; 10-05-2008 at 04:24 PM.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2016 Cls63s AMG
damm its expensive

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Bagged