E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Front inner door clips

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-07-2008, 12:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1992 300TE 4matic wagon
Front inner door clips

OK...I did a search, but it loads forever without yielding anything about this topic. Before this, I did link from here (topic:Audio) to the Wiki page on taking the front doors off W124's, which BTW is EXCELLENT! I found a few things that he left out, but couldn't figure how to add to it.

Since I'm taking off both front doors, starting with the left front for a speaker installation.....I found after I removed the right front door (second), that my left front had been horribly 'violated' by someone previously. I'm pretty sure the right door was a virgin.

So.....it appears that I'm missing some key plastic bottom clips on the left door, among other parts that are broken and not likely candidates for repair. I've been to three MB parts stores and given their poor illustrations, I'm not sure I see the correct parts. Anybody know of a site/company with really good front inner door panel fastener illustrations??

Kevin