E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Another misfire thread.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1994 E320 (current)
Another misfire thread.

Here is what it is doing.

94 E320 M104 Really bad drop in power with engine shuttering and what feels like a dead cylinder. It is worse on a cold engine and feels like it is running on half the cylinders. If I put the pedal to the floor when it starts shuttering it takes about three seconds and then clears up completely. The longer the car is running the less the engine does it and eventualy after an hour or two of running the problem is undetectable. it has a persistnat fluxuating and rough idle to accompany this which it has has before this current problem. The OVP change did not cure this.

Here is what I have replaced

OVP
MASS FLOW SENSOR
O2 Sensor

Those of you who have experienced this what was your cause and what do you think I should look at next? I know the most common is going to be the Wiring Loom but I was wondering if there is something that might be more likley the culprit considering the hotter it gets the better it runs. Is it more likely to be a fuel suppply issue or and electrical issue.

Thanks

Gary
Old 01-18-2009, 05:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1994 E320 (current)
Just doing some thread house keeping.

Problem was a bad actuator (throttle body) replaced with an ebay special for $150.00 and that fixed the sporadic idle

Also replaced one bad ignition coil and that stopped the cutting out.

Car runs very well now. Smooth and steady idle and boatloads of top end power.