E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

New to MB W124/DIY maintenance

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1971 MG Midget
New to MB W124/DIY maintenance

Ok I dont have a MB I have an MG. Still I have been helping a few freinds with WVO conversions. Recently a friend recently purchased a near flawless 1995 E300 Diesel. We spent the last two weekends working on it and converting it to WVO. We are not interested in a discussion on the merits of WVO as there are other threads for that. What we want to know is how to maintain and repair this car. Specifically, if anyone can tell us how to do the following, we would much appreciate it.

How does one properly do an oil change (including oil filter)? We spent several hours trying to locate it and could not.

How does one change the automatic transmission fluid/filter? How often is this needed?

How does one change the power steering fluid? I checked, it looks very dirty (almost as black as used engine oil). How often is this needed? Is there a filter for this?

How does one maintain the suspension? Are there any places on the suspension that need regular lubrication?

How does one replace the windshield wipers, and the headlight wipers?

How does one replaice the antenna? (the old one snapped clean off)

Where is the water trap in the diesel fuel system? How often must this be emptied?

What other regular maintenance should we be aware of?
Old 11-09-2008, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 BMW M3 vert
Just followed this today for changing brake pads:

http://mercedesshop.com/Wikka/W124BrakePads