E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Little bit of help and advice please

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 05:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91 300E
Little bit of help and advice please

I've been looking at alot of the car pics here and I noticed that mine has a few differences and I took some pictures.

I've noticed how the door doesnt look as flush as it does on other cars. The door shuts clean and everything, could I just need new weather stripping? Or could it be something else?

The grill is new I bought it about a month ago but it doesnt sit flush. I dont believe the car has been in an accident, I believe it mught have something to do with the headlights.

I've circled how the drivers side light sits further back which would explain why theres more of a gap on that side and Ive tried pulling on it gently to get it in place but that hasnt work should I just go to a body shop for this?

This side is sagging and I cant see anyway it should be held up is there a tap or anything that could have broken off?

I noticed this cut wire awhile ago and never really thought about it but does it go to the horn for the alarm system? Ive tried the whole lock the car and pull on the handle thing and there is no noise or blinking lights. Could this be the cause of it and should i wrap the ends of the wire up so it doesnt cause any electrical promblems

About these rims would that be able to fit the car normally or would I have to do anything extra for them to fit. Last question will a facelift hood fit my 91 300E?
Old 11-16-2008, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Looks like a car involved in one major or a few minor accidents with the non-flush pieces.

The hood will fit your 91.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:59 PM

91 300E
OK thanks do you think the non flush parts would be fixed wit a new hood and headlights
Old 11-16-2008, 06:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
No, not really...alignment has to do with ALL the parts during an accident. It's more like the frame that HOLDS the headlights could be out of whack etc...for the hood, it could be the fenders are tweaked etc..
Old 11-16-2008, 07:08 PM

91 300E
Hmm, maybe I should give up on this car and get another one since this one might not be worth saving.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Don't give up on it just yet...take it to a body shop and ask if it was accident or run a carfax.

The cars are tanks.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:08 PM

91 300E
I ran a carfax before I bought it and there was no mention of an accident. I was looking under the hood and nothing looked any newer than anything else, hopefully it wont cost too much to fix