E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Euro Headlight Wiring Diagram W124

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300TE
SirTweakAlot, I know your post is old, but I've just ran into the same problem as you with my new Depo Euros...the wiring harness is different...my '89 300Te has 4 pins, the Depo Euros have 5 pins, can I just saw off the 5th pin?? Or do I need to solder on a new harness to my car (which I'd prefer not). Attached are photos of the old vs. new, to refresh your (or anyone elses) memory. Note also in the photo the different bulb connector, but I think I figured that part out--will need new H4 bulbs.
Attached Thumbnails Euro Headlight Wiring Diagram W124-photo-1-1-.jpg   Euro Headlight Wiring Diagram W124-photo-2-1-.jpg  
Old 07-22-2013, 02:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by skjolden
SirTweakAlot, I know your post is old, but I've just ran into the same problem as you with my new Depo Euros...the wiring harness is different...my '89 300Te has 4 pins, the Depo Euros have 5 pins, can I just saw off the 5th pin?? Or do I need to solder on a new harness to my car (which I'd prefer not). Attached are photos of the old vs. new, to refresh your (or anyone elses) memory. Note also in the photo the different bulb connector, but I think I figured that part out--will need new H4 bulbs.
there's wiring behind the pins so you can't just saw it off. all you need to do is get the plastic 6-pin plug, pull oprn the 4-pin plug and the re-wire based on the diagrams already posted in this thread.

see if this helps:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/...eadlights.html
Old 07-23-2013, 01:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 300te with a 95 front end facelift
Originally Posted by skjolden

I will take a picture of my wiring tomarrow I used an Old orange extension cord striped down three wires and added one more wire and made my own connection