E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

W124 Projector headlights

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 05-21-2009, 02:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by 2PHAST
Better get used to it, some people don't like to be educated.
amen! i should have stayed well out of it, but honestly, i DESPISE being blinded by oncoming traffic or cars behind me with those tacky 'upgrades', man. if i could save just one person from doing it, i would die fulfilled...!!
Old 05-21-2009, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 400E
At least they were halogen projectors he put them into.. I always wondered if someone was in an accident with illegal headlights and/or, if there could be legal ramifications.

My LED tail lights have no noticeable brightness difference between the parking lights and the brakes, they just have a different section light up for brakes. Makes me want to pull them out. I wonder if someone rearended me, could they blame it on my rear lighting...
Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
Originally Posted by smithcb2
At least they were halogen projectors he put them into.. I always wondered if someone was in an accident with illegal headlights and/or, if there could be legal ramifications.

My LED tail lights have no noticeable brightness difference between the parking lights and the brakes, they just have a different section light up for brakes. Makes me want to pull them out. I wonder if someone rearended me, could they blame it on my rear lighting...
Highly unlikely, illumination laws don't specify that running lights need to be dimmer than the brake lights. I have seen XLR's with LED tail lights and they are the same way, so I think that rules out the issue of them being illegal per DOT.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
500E Signal Rot
Originally Posted by ZedStyle
amen! i should have stayed well out of it, but honestly, i DESPISE being blinded by oncoming traffic or cars behind me with those tacky 'upgrades', man. if i could save just one person from doing it, i would die fulfilled...!!
Personally, you shouldn't back down, your absolutely correct, so you should always try to educate the uneducated.

Hard to stand by when someone starts talking down about your car, but given what I read, I would have to say that particular person is pretty young. Its a typical reaction, as he thinks your disrespecting his car, which is not true.

Be the bigger man and don't respond with similar slander, difficult I know, as we all know the quality of the C300 is not on par with a W124.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Youngtimer
Originally Posted by 2PHAST
Personally, you shouldn't back down, your absolutely correct, so you should always try to educate the uneducated.

Hard to stand by when someone starts talking down about your car, but given what I read, I would have to say that particular person is pretty young. Its a typical reaction, as he thinks your disrespecting his car, which is not true.

Be the bigger man and don't respond with similar slander, difficult I know, as we all know the quality of the C300 is not on par with a W124.