E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Newbie from Brooklyn NY

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
None as of yet
Newbie from Brooklyn NY

Hello everyone. I am a newbie when it comes to a mercedes benz. I currently own a 1993 Range Rover classic LWB and I love it. I am a fanantic when it comes to classic vehicles. EX: 1993 Honda Accord, 1996 Lexus GS 300, 1993 Nissan 300Z...etc. Ok Now to the reason for this post...

I recently purchased my Range Rover from my neighborhood mechanic for a steal ($2500) with 83,00 on the clock. In his lot sits a Brillant Silver 1989 300CE!!!! The car is beautiful and it has a rare look to it. I really want to purchase the car and I think he is letting it go for $1500 to 2500. Before i purchase the car, he would have to put a "junkmans or garage lien" on the car and go through the formalities before I can own the car. I'm willing to do that. How do you think I got my Rover.
Anyway can anyone tell me what I'm getting into when it relates to maintenance cost, availability of parts, frequency of maintenance, any known "gremlins", aftermarket parts. Im not looking to pimp my ride or anything like that, I just want a nice shiny car that I can be proud to call my own. Any response will be helpful.

to the owner of the blue 300CE that gets compliments almost everytime...Im striving to have my car look like that. Clean and sleek. NICE RIDE BY THE WAY!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 08:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
95' AMG SeeThreeSix
If your referring to the widebody CE, that will cost you about five to times beyond that 1500-2500 your paying for your baseline CE. These cars are pretty much bulletproof, however, an old car will need parts. Valve seals, OVP relay, the list goes on with higher milage. These forums will help you with perhaps any problem you will come across (if you don't mind being your own mechanic). If you have any more specific problems perhaps we could help you out more.