E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Windshield wipers are going CRAZY!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 Mercedes 400E V8 4.2L
Windshield wipers are going CRAZY!!!

I live in Florida, so it rain frequently. But just a few days ago when i turn my windshield wipers on while it rained, it work perfectly fine. Next day, clouds are out and it's sunny, so i turn my car on and windshield wipers are still going on even tho it's off ... I tried moving to fast to off and it still would randomly let the windshield wipers run ... Does anyone have any clue what happen or what cause this to happen? Electric shortage? Should I unplug the wiper motor and plug it back in to reset it ...Please let me know thanx!
Old 06-17-2009, 02:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E 220 Coupe E 320 Cabrio AMG E 300 Diesel
I’m afraid you have a problem with the combination switch. It’s a typical fail after thousands of connections and disconnections. I had the same problem that finally solved when I replaced the switch (I get it on a scrapyard by 12 euros). Now I’m trying to repair the old switch. The problem is in the rolling part, you can remove the top by pulling out whereas you balance it. You not even need to remove the switch from the steering control column to do this (although you’ll work better if switch is take out).