E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Blower Motor Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Mercedes-Benz 300E
Blower Motor Problem

I have a Mercedes Benz 300E 1987

My blower motor does not work. No matter what buttons I pressed it would not work. I got to it took it out and gave it a thorough blowing. After words I gave it direct power from the battery and in spun fine. I tested the red wire and its giving power. I changed the fuse, still nothing. I also took the bigger fuse from the second fuse box and have it out. But I don't know now what I should check. There is also a blue wire connected to the blower motor that I don't know what it is for. If someone could point me the right direction, because I don't know what to do.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:58 AM

1992 300TE 4matic wagon
Originally Posted by MBleetcar
I have a Mercedes Benz 300E 1987

My blower motor does not work. No matter what buttons I pressed it would not work. I got to it took it out and gave it a thorough blowing. After words I gave it direct power from the battery and in spun fine. I tested the red wire and its giving power. I changed the fuse, still nothing. I also took the bigger fuse from the second fuse box and have it out. But I don't know now what I should check. There is also a blue wire connected to the blower motor that I don't know what it is for. If someone could point me the right direction, because I don't know what to do.
While you had the blower out, did you look at the length of the brushes left? Less than a 1/4" and they can give your blower sporadic service. What is the history....was it working fine and then stopped, or do you have a 'history' of trouble with the blower?

Kevin
Old 06-19-2009, 02:19 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Mercedes
I looked in my ALLDATAdiy.com for your 300E, and it said that you need to check the control voltage for the blower regulator. The Current Regulator (N29) is a pretty easy part to replace on your Mercedes.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:38 AM

1993 Mercedes 400E V8 4.2L
I had the same problem and did the same steps as what you did. Still no air, i finally figure it out, it was the blower regulator that was fried. I might be wrong, but that's how I got my blower motor to work. Now, you have 2 options, either bypass the wires to the fuses ( which can burn the fuse often) or change the blower motor regulator for $150-400. I bypass with wires and I only blew 2 fuses in a year. Trying to save money, temporarily, with the recession. I hope this help you