E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

How do I remove the Door covers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2003, 05:42 PM
VSC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1990 200D
Question How do I remove the Door covers

Hi all,

I would like to take a look at one of my rear door locks since when I "close" the car all locks go down except one.

Does any one knows how to remove the door (inside) cover - I am afraid I do something wrong and break it.

I have an W124 - 200D (european) but I think they should be equal to a 300D or so.

Thanks
Old 02-15-2003, 06:39 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
Twist off the door lock pins by hand. Down by where the latch goes into the door frame there is a screw holding on a plate, take that off. Pry off carefully the switches for the power seats and the surrounding plastic around the switches. also take off the plastic around the top of the door pull in the same manner....carefully so as not to break the plastic tabs. once those are off there is one bolt holding the pull to the door, take it off. once all that is complete, you must pull the door cover straight up to release all the tabs from the door. It will take some manuvering to force it off, just be patient to avoid breaking other tabs

Hope it helps,

Good luck
Old 02-15-2003, 06:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Enzo, my Benzo
whoops, for the rear doors, there are no power seat buttons but everything else should be correct