E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Cruise Control - Worked a few times and was not smooth

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'90 300TE (S124)
Cruise Control - Worked a few times and was not smooth

I bought my car about a week ago and have been trying to find out why the CC isn't working. I pulled the CC Amp and it looks to be in excellent shape.

Today when i drove home from work, I played with the stalk on the steering column and it suddenly started working. However, the maintained speed was a bit jerky and it should itself off again after a while. And I couldn't get it to work again after a few times. I have been searching for a while but a search for "cruise control" shows 970 threads and I haven't found this exact problem yet.

Has anyone experienced this before? Could it be the amp, switch, servo or something else? I don't mind buying a rebuilt amp but I would like to know if I really need one before spending the money. I also have seen some used ones on eBay for a lot less than $249 for a rebuilt unit.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 300E - Diamond Blue, 1997 SL320 - Black Opal
Would suggest that you call Peter Sanford at General Development Laboratories (Google their name for the number). GDL's website provides some troubleshooting assistance and also Peter might be able to offer additional assistance over the phone.

j