E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

How do I switch off the ASR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2003, 01:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GL Pewter w. offroad package and a PE launch Edit.
How do I switch off the ASR

I have an E 420 '95 and it has real power in it but a friend told me that if I switch the ASR off it will gain about .5 secs. Is this true and if it is how do I switch it off and can it damage the car in any way? Any performance upgrades appreciated... it has been lowered an inch and springs and shocks replaced (monroe)!

Thanks,
Huginn
Old 03-03-2003, 04:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Well, the cheap way is to unplug the speed sensors that are in the engine bay by the shock towers (at least on a 500E they are there) you lose ABS also and it throws a code in the computer....no problem .

Correct way would be to get the ASR defeat switch from Perfromance Products or RennTech... It is handy on a track or autocross if you are skilled enough to drift the rear end out and around a corner. Talk about ruining tyres fast!

I doubt if turning it off will make the car .5 secs faster though. Unless you hook up with zero wheel spin you'll be even slower. My best quarter mile times have been with ASR on starting in first gear...14.0 secs at 101 mph at sea level.