E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

BLACK ROOF 500E

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300ce
the 500 has NY plates on it, you would most probably come up missing if that were said up there
Old 01-28-2010, 11:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
04 E500 20in brabus monoblocks 1 serious 500E & 91 300CE 2JZ 2005 CL65
THANK YOU! My roof isnt for a glass pano roof look! The black just changes the look a little. My E500 has a pano roof and i like it! It makes the car look sportier to me!
Originally Posted by canonball
fake pano roof? Mercs never came with those Jap headlights either but I do not see people out bashing your car. Lots of things that aren't my fancy but I do not go and publicly bash people about their ride. You were just speaking for another member just a few threads ago. Most enthusiasts stay true to the brand. To each their own
Old 01-28-2010, 11:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lots of cars
Do you want him to mod HIS car to YOUR taste? Seriously, he can put a big d!ldo on top of his 500e and that's his business. Your mods look good according to you zorro. His mods look good according to him. End of story.

The guy is putting a 2jz engine in a CE....Ummm yeah, i'm with him on this one. It's
Old 01-28-2010, 11:14 PM

@canonball i am a good guy i would give him a pass! but he would have to leave Brooklyn right away! lol! I did see him talk out his face on chrisdpham thread! Thats the type of ish i cant stand! MIND YOUR BIZ!!!
the 500 has NY plates on it, you would most probably come up missing if that were said up there
Old 01-29-2010, 01:57 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
Originally Posted by ZorroAMG
I personally don't like it. Fake pano roof on a car that never CAME with a pano roof is just odd, it breaks up the car in an unflattering way and the black quarterpanel strips just look out of place.

Nah.
Honestly, this is a personal opinion, with what appears to be some constructive criticism. He hasn't condemned your car, just stated why the mods are not to his taste.

Originally Posted by jason3977
These cars didnt come with funny looking grilles or xenon projector headlights or mascara headlight doo hickie trims!!! Maybe i should put one of those boomerang old school antennas on the trunk? lol! sorry just thought that was funny!Enjoy ya day!
LOL! No they dont! they are corny! sorry! japanese headlights on a german car is wack! xenons??? not! mascara is for girls boss! there is nothing hot about ya car! but you had nothing to say about the black grill? hmmm! I wonder why! maybe it because you painted yours! Now we are name calling huh! #1 grow up #2 get a car #3 ask some people to help you hook it up!
PS look at RBYCC's post! He might not like what i did but he has respect in saying so! learn my friend learn!
You sound like a old man with a little corny mod car. like i said the boomerang antenna is right up you alley!
BABY TALK= "I have had several, many that are MUCH better than your 500E could ever be" Again grow up! My mom is proud of me and yours too! This is not my 1st 2nd 3rd 4th benz boss, I have others too! This 500e is my toy!
lol! "panhandler" i dont beg! I DO! and show you so you can hate! just like you did!
You have no class or netiquette! learn how to critique positive first then negative! or if you dont have nothing nice to say dont say anything!!!
YOU ARE MY FRIEND!!! Tomorrow when you take the mascara off things will be ok!
In contrast, your ranting replies, and rude, personal attacks, are way over the top, and undermine your own credibility.
You are doing some bold things with your cars. We can all respect that, but by throwing your works up on a public forum, you are asking for opinions - just don't expect every one of them to be, 100% adulation.

Lighten up a bit, will ya?

Last edited by 190E 16V; 01-29-2010 at 02:14 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 AM

w124e500
Off top

Sorry for offtop.

jason is this joke???
I sent money to you tree month ago!!! For FGSS!!!
And still don't have it!!! I this problem to sent it to me??? I sent my address detail three times to you and still no FGSS

Please, answer. This not right to do like you does.
Old 01-29-2010, 08:58 AM

I SENT THIS FSG TO YOU AND IT CAME BACK TO ME!!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WROTE THE ADDRESS RIGHT OR SOMETHING! IS THERE SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT I HAVE TO DO FOR IT TO PASS CUSTOMS OR SOMETHING??? MOSCOW ISNT CLOSE. I TRYED TO CALL YOU ON THE NUMBER YOU GAVE ME AND I GOT NOTHING! IT IS STILL HERE! I HAVE IT FOR YOU! I DONT DO BIZ LIKE THAT! IF YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM ME IT YOURS! CHECK YOUR PM I WILL LEAVE MY PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN CLEAR THIS UP!
Originally Posted by Motilev
Sorry for offtop.

jason is this joke???
I sent money to you tree month ago!!! For FGSS!!!
And still don't have it!!! I this problem to sent it to me??? I sent my address detail three times to you and still no FGSS

Please, answer. This not right to do like you does.
Old 01-29-2010, 09:18 AM

I understand that! but there is a proper way to do things! As you said this is a public site and you can say what you want. He said what he said about my car and I, in return critiqued his car the same way! then i was called a childish a$$hole! I did the same thing he did and got called names!!! If i felt the need to bash some ones car i would point out things i like about it and then softly say the thing that i dont like! But more then likely i wont say anything because to each is own! I saw his car a long time ago and didnt like the the things he did but i would have never told him!!! He is too fast with his mouth! As proven on chrisdpham's post! Mr. 16v sorry if my answers are out of order but when i am called names i react! again SORRY!
Originally Posted by 190E 16V
Honestly, this is a personal opinion, with what appears to be some constructive criticism. He hasn't condemned your car, just stated why the mods are not to his taste.

In contrast, your ranting replies, and rude, personal attacks, are way over the top, and undermine your own credibility.
You are doing some bold things with your cars. We can all respect that, but by throwing your works up on a public forum, you are asking for opinions - just don't expect every one of them to be, 100% adulation.

Old 01-29-2010, 10:14 AM

w124e500
I SENT THIS FSG TO YOU AND IT CAME BACK TO ME!!!! I DONT KNOW IF I WROTE THE ADDRESS RIGHT OR SOMETHING! IS THERE SOMETHING SPECIAL THAT I HAVE TO DO FOR IT TO PASS CUSTOMS OR SOMETHING??? MOSCOW ISNT CLOSE. I TRYED TO CALL YOU ON THE NUMBER YOU GAVE ME AND I GOT NOTHING! IT IS STILL HERE! I HAVE IT FOR YOU! I DONT DO BIZ LIKE THAT! IF YOU BUY SOMETHING FROM ME IT YOURS! CHECK YOUR PM I WILL LEAVE MY PHONE NUMBER SO WE CAN CLEAR THIS UP!
Jason, this my adress and details! I receive packages from all over the world with FedEx, DHL and EMS without problems.

Mochalnikov Alexander
Moscow, 119590, 70 Mosfilmovskaya str, apt 783,
Cell: +7 916 477 73 76
Old 01-29-2010, 12:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

1987 560SL
Thanks for your response, Jason.
None of us need the approval of anyone else for what we do to our cars, but there will be differing opinions out there.
That being said, I'm glad you didn't chop up your 500E.
I like the whole look of Mr. Zorro's car, and I'm an "old guy" with a modded 500E which you may not like - no boomerang, though.
All different.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Yeah, ok. give it a rest, e-thug.

THANK YOU! My roof isnt for a glass pano roof look! The black just changes the look a little. My E500 has a pano roof and i like it! It makes the car look sportier to me!
My point is that the whole painting the roof black a few years ago started with people wanting to replicate the look of pano roofs. Welcome to 2006. THAT'S what I was commenting about. Comprehend?

Originally Posted by YNVDIZW124
Do you want him to mod HIS car to YOUR taste? Seriously, he can put a big d!ldo on top of his 500e and that's his business. Your mods look good according to you zorro. His mods look good according to him. End of story.

The guy is putting a 2jz engine in a CE....Ummm yeah, i'm with him on this one. It's
When did I tell him to do what I did, initially? I made a comment based on my opinion, is that not allowed here? I could care less what he's doing to a CE, I was providing feedback to his post, then he got all hurt. Go back and take a look.

@canonball i am a good guy i would give him a pass! but he would have to leave Brooklyn right away! lol! I did see him talk out his face on chrisdpham thread! Thats the type of ish i cant stand! MIND YOUR BIZ!!!
Take out my face? English, please. Chris and I are actual friends, I have met him personally and we get along great, don't pretend you know anything based on a couple of posts or smiley faces.

Word.

I understand that! but there is a proper way to do things! As you said this is a public site and you can say what you want. He said what he said about my car and I, in return critiqued his car the same way! then i was called a childish a$$hole! I did the same thing he did and got called names!!! If i felt the need to bash some ones car i would point out things i like about it and then softly say the thing that i dont like! But more then likely i wont say anything because to each is own! I saw his car a long time ago and didnt like the the things he did but i would have never told him!!! He is too fast with his mouth! As proven on chrisdpham's post! Mr. 16v sorry if my answers are out of order but when i am called names i react! again SORRY!
Do we really need to get into who started it? That answer is CLEAR.

None of us need the approval of anyone else for what we do to our cars, but there will be differing opinions out there.
I like the whole look of Mr. Zorro's car, and I'm an "old guy" with a modded 500E which you may not like - no boomerang, though.
All different.
Thanks S.

Anyway, Jason - I don't know you personally and we clearly have very similar A-type personalities, so there is no point in going back and forth ruining your thread any further. I'm sorry you felt insulted by my critique and while I should have worded it differently or been more sensitive, it's a public forum. I provide help, design and photoshop work and I am respected by many on here and I aim to keep it that way - besides, I've changed a few things on my car since you've seen (and bashed) it, have no fear there are no "Jap" parts you so eloquently called out.

Best of luck with the swap and your 500E, if anything paint those quarter panel strips back to factory!

Last edited by ZorroAMG; 01-29-2010 at 03:32 PM. Reason: spelling - aim, not am.
Old 01-29-2010, 03:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
When did I tell him to do what I did, initially? I made a comment based on my opinion, is that not allowed here? I could care less what he's doing to a CE, I was providing feedback to his post, then he got all hurt. Go back and take a look.
Sure, you can give some constructive criticism but there isn't any thing constructive about calling it a fake pano roof. He was simply pointing out that you call his roof fake but yet you have projectors, bmw headlight trim, and updated grill. Your post just sounded smug and your comments that followed didn't help either.

Yes, but the difference is, my mods look good.
2. Get a car? I have had several, many that are MUCH better than your 500E could ever be.
Truly unbelievable, even for a n00b like you.
Old 01-29-2010, 04:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
Eat your popcorn, I'm not getting into this again. Nice try though.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:58 PM

1993 400E, 1994 E420, 2000 SL500, 2014 C250
LoL...ok so here's my attempt at steering this thread away from e-fighting! :p

Looks good. If you aren't selling it then no need to keep it all original. Anyway, it's just paint....Not like it can't be painted back to the stock color if it even mattered. I'm a big fan of silver/black combinations on cars, as my previous Altimas show. :p

Might I suggest having your rims painted black. Just a thought. Enjoy your ride, dude. I've seen some ugly mods on other 124's but your car looks good to me. I'll be keeping my 4ooE stock because having fixed up cars has just gotten me too much attention from police in the past. :p

Here was my Altima. Might seem "ricey" to some, but it was a show winner and track winner. So funny to have my n/a fwd family sports sedan beat mustang gt's, wrx's, and evo's at the track. Anyway, I think dark (gunmetal) or black rims would help that black roof.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:44 PM

OK Mr. zorro! I am done too! We are both to men with different views! DO YOUR THING! The bashing is not my style and it bothered me that i did it to you and for that i am sorry! But please in the future if i post something please just skip it, if it is negative please! Have a great day!!!
Eat your popcorn, I'm not getting into this again. Nice try though.

Last edited by jason3977; 01-29-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 10:51 PM

LOL@ no boomerang! and i like your car!!!
All different.
Old 01-30-2010, 05:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Enzo, my Benzo
OK Mr. zorro! I am done too! We are both to men with different views! DO YOUR THING! The bashing is not my style and it bothered me that i did it to you and for that i am sorry! But please in the future if i post something please just skip it, if it is negative please! Have a great day!!!
Nah i won't skip it, that's not what this forum is about, I will be mindful of the fact that we share different mod ideas...bare in mind, mine's not a 500 so I enjoy making it stand out. My other cars remained stock, this one's an experiment and I love her like you love your 500.

It's all good, PS I didn't like the bashing either, we are on the same page. Realistically I am sure your car looks better in person than the pics show.

Have fun, keep us updated on the swap!
Old 01-30-2010, 08:11 AM

COOL!!!
Nah i won't skip it, that's not what this forum is about, I will be mindful of the fact that we share different mod ideas...bare in mind, mine's not a 500 so I enjoy making it stand out. My other cars remained stock, this one's an experiment and I love her like you love your 500.

It's all good, PS I didn't like the bashing either, we are on the same page. Realistically I am sure your car looks better in person than the pics show.

Have fun, keep us updated on the swap!
Old 01-30-2010, 04:31 PM

1991 300ce, 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner
Awwwe.......that's nice
Old 01-30-2010, 07:46 PM
X03

MB 1990 300E
Sorry, im not a fan of it either. I personally think that the benz doesn't have the body shape for that
Old 01-30-2010, 09:27 PM

THREAD'S DEAD! THANX TO ALL! GOT ALL I NEED! THE LIKES OUT WEIGH THE DIS-LIKES, SO IT STAYS!!!!
Old 02-01-2010, 09:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

lots of cars
Hey, tbone...how are things? If you need some rims let me know. I got some 5x120 bmw rims for your car.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:45 AM

a TVR Cerbera Speed Twelve
what happened to the 500e lenses?
Old 02-06-2010, 04:07 PM

Depends on the day
black roof woulda looked better on a white car. doesn't really flow with the whole silver thing you got going on. :P
Old 02-06-2010, 09:25 PM

ok! do you still want this tranny? never heard back from you!
Originally Posted by bsmuwk
black roof woulda looked better on a white car. doesn't really flow with the whole silver thing you got going on. :P

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BLACK ROOF 500E