E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

just coincidence or?///?/?????/

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300ce w124
just coincidence or?///?/?????/

so i have never ever had problems with my car , it was satrting right away,cold or warm without any problems, couple of months ago even drove it on shot from florida to il,no problems, the only problem i had was the head gasket leekin in the back of the engine onto the exshaust and causing smell inside the car.
i got it to a frend of mine and changed it but since than it wasn't runing smoothly, when in neutral or at trafic light, the rpm runned fro 500 to 1000 constantly.
so i made an appoiment with the mercedes deler, and had it checked, it seemed like some vacuum lines leaks or missplaced for witch i had to pay about $450 but than when i went to pick it up, i saw them driving it out of the carwash , waited them to dry it of, and when i wanted to leave the car wouldn't start at all. it looked like i didn't have gas though i had a full thank.
they tol me that they have to take it inside for another diagnose, another $$$$. and i told them i wont pay any money cause the car started all the time.
so i left it there for about 2 hours and they told me that the car has start and i can pick it up.
went there got it and it never ever had thge same problem since.
so what do u thik isn't kinda strange??
Old 03-21-2010, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
I would see if anyone else in your area has had a similar experience with that dealer. Then you could split the cost of taking out a hit.