E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Amber warning lamp on dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 Mercedes E
Unhappy Amber warning lamp on dash

My 1994 Mercedes E320 is my baby. Having said that, it's driving me batty. The amber icon warning on the dash indicates a bulb is out. My right rear side marker light AND my right rear tail lamp will not work. I have checked the fuses, replaced the lamps with new ones and even replaced the entire module which holds all the lamps. Still neither the side marker lamp or the tail lamp will work. Neither does the lamp under the gear selector on the shifter console. I have no clue how to access this lamp for replacement.

I do know the black plastic trim bezel can be lifted by slight pressure but that is as far as I am able to get. Any clues giving me directions would be extremely appreciated.

Thank you all sincerely and God bless all my MB partners!
Old 09-05-2010, 07:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W124 230E 1990
I don't know about your tail lamp problems, but I can give a few hints on your access to the shifter light..

If your car has a middle console box between the seats that's the first thing you need to remove. Just open the lid and remove the two screws in the front bottom of the box and lift the box away. If your car does not have the box you probably have a small carpet in the bottom of the console.. Just pull out that carpet, and you will see a tiny screw at the very end of the wooden section of the middle console that has the shifter on it. Now you should be able to very gently lift this wooden plate away to get access to the "underside" of the shifter.
Old 09-05-2010, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 Mercedes E
Thanks for the response

Thank you very much for taking the time to send the info on replacing the lamp in the shifter console. Any and all other help with the warning lamp on the dash would make my day. Have a great one.