E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

wagon opinions?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-25-2010 | 03:05 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
wagon opinions?

I was given an excuse to paint the silver wagon's lower panels today, when driver of a pick up truck rammed my (Parked!!) rear bumper and door. I will need a new rear hatch/door and a bumper mainly.

He drove my car into a fence 3-4' in front of where it was parked. Scuffs on nose too. (pics coming)

So this week, a few mods are coming:

-matching painted lowers
-b pillar sections of doors will be painted satin black (to look like the tinted windows are continuous)
-will leave all chrome as is, learned that painting the white Cab's lowers.
-debadging the rear e320, but leaving the star
-any minor touch up, while it's getting spiffed

I'll be staying with the 17" Carlsson wheels

and wondering if anyone has any low dollar suggestions while the paint is flying? I was thinking about painting the door handles, but not sure how long that will hold up given usage.

And, it is too low to entertain body kits, she rolls out beautifully, but with a little caution around sharp turns/driveway bumps. Fine as is, but I won't decrease my clearances.
Old 09-25-2010 | 03:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

92 500e, 95 E34 525I Touring
Pick up the 500e fenders from Joef! IMO wagons looks better kitted than any other w124. I would shy away from painting the handles and, as you know, the chrome pieces.

Sorry to hear about the dipstick hitting you. Luckily you were able to see/find out who did it. Too many times you hear about people's parked cars getting hit and never having an idea of who did it.
Old 09-25-2010 | 06:33 PM
RHW
MBWorld Fanatic!

94 Wagon and 94 Cabriolet
Admittedly, Joe's fenders would be awesome, but, that isn't a low dollar proposition once I pay Joe, + shipping, then paint them...everything I do for the first time on these cars costs double or triple. Either the learning curve eats up muh budget, or I like it so much another car or two gets it.

Joe's fenders would not just bolt up right? The front bumper would be necessary? I hope to have the wagon back in hand within 7 days...

I am leaning away from touching the door handle paint, if I did it ever, I'd use silver paint though.