E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

OVP on 91 300E... bad year, good year?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 E320 Wagon RWD
OVP on 91 300E... bad year, good year?

Wondering if the OVP on the 91 300E was problematic right out of the factory as is the case on so many other years leading up to 95 W-124(E320)?

Car I am thinking about buying has a problem with the idle at operation temperature... as in the engine dies after stumbling when you come to a stop and idle at full operating temp. Could be ECTS, EHA, Oxy sensor, fuel pressure regulator, vacuum leak(s), corrosion in Dist., (ignition components replaced already and ruled out. So I wanted to see if the OVP was a possible culprit as well for this year and iteration.

The owner also reports that the car has some pretty serious lag during wide open throttle... we're talking about 2 seconds before it takes off after putting the pedal to the floor? WOT switch issue or something else? Thanks.

Thanks guys.

Also, curious to know how many have had same issue and what solved their problem.

Last edited by soundquest; 10-29-2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It changes all the time
You can't get those answers here. A smart used car buyer makes an appoitment at a professionl shop that is extremely familiar with that brand of car. The hour or so paid for a thorough check of the car can be a financially wise decision.
Old 11-09-2010, 06:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 E320 Wagon RWD
Originally Posted by hineywineries
You can't get those answers here. A smart used car buyer makes an appoitment at a professionl shop that is extremely familiar with that brand of car. The hour or so paid for a thorough check of the car can be a financially wise decision.
:con fused:

I see you are up to your old ways again "hiney?" Posting nothing about nothing helping no one particular.

Why don't you do us all a favor and quit responding to posts with negative and irrelevant banter. Try spell check too, it works wonders for folks like you. Seriously man, are you for real? Have you read any of your posts lately? You only post unhelpful discouraging smart-assed negative comments. And you claim you were a mechanic? Certainly not one I would every take my car to. But it's a good thing you gave up your tools, now we just need you to give up your keyboard if you can't contribute anything meaningful and helpful.

Get a life HINEY.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:12 PM

It changes all the time
Originally Posted by soundquest

I see you are up to your old ways again "hiney?" Posting nothing about nothing helping no one particular.

Why don't you do us all a favor and quit responding to posts with negative and irrelevant banter. Try spell check too, it works wonders for folks like you. Seriously man, are you for real? Have you read any of your posts lately? You only post unhelpful discouraging smart-assed negative comments. And you claim you were a mechanic? Certainly not one I would every take my car to. But it's a good thing you gave up your tools, now we just need you to give up your keyboard if you can't contribute anything meaningful and helpful.
I'm going to be civil here even if you are not. My advice to you was sound, but I'm guessing you don't want to spend the money so you can do MODS with it. By the way MODS stands for modifications. Can you spell modifications without spell check? I don't use spell check, because it helps keep my mind sharp. I always have a dictionary handy to check out new words. My vocabulary surpasses most college graduates. Care to try me? You really need to grow up and shut up so you can learn from your elders, grasshopper. It's an old saying, but it bears truth: you have two ears and one mouth. Think about it.

Get a life HINEY.
I'm going to be civil here even if you are not. My advice to you was sound, but I'm guessing you don't want to spend the money so you can do MODS with it. By the way MODS stands for modifications. Can you spell modifications without spell check? I don't use spell check, because it helps keep my mind sharp. I always have a dictionary handy to check out new words. My vocabulary surpasses most college graduates. Care to try me? You really need to grow up and shut up so you can learn from your elders, grasshopper. It's an old saying, but it bears truth: you have two ears and one mouth. Think about it.
Old 11-09-2010, 09:31 PM

It changes all the time
Originally Posted by soundquest

Get a life HINEY.
PS which stands for post script
I bet you didn't know that.
You said" try spell check too, it works wonders for folks like you". Well, guess what? That is what is called a run on sentence in english. Spell check must have missed that. You said" And you claim to be a mechanic". Your grammar school teacher would wonder where he or she failed when you started a sentence with a conjunction. Man, you just can't depend on spell check. By the way can't is a contraction. Do you know what a contraction is?

Last edited by hineywineries; 11-09-2010 at 11:02 PM.