E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Diesel injector nozzles

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w124 300 wagon diesel
Diesel injector nozzles

Hi, my 300d is really ratley at idle and have read up and I want ot swap the injector nozzles ( and renew the heat shield/ washers for the 6 injectors).
Looking on the web Bosio as a brand seems recomened, one guy said poor quality Bosch items can cause damage! this surprised me,
Any advice out there? or experiance, normally i wuld have turned to bosch
and alos where to buy - i'll need em shipping to UK. and do not want to pay uk dealer prices

cheers
Old 12-27-2010, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It changes all the time
Before you blame the injectors you may want to check the quality of the engine mounts which can cause rough idle. Those engine mounts are filled with anti-freeze and should measure 12 mm from metal part of Mount to frame. Also I do not see any reason to indiscriminately change injectors without checking them on a Bosch injector tester for spray pattern. If the spray pattern is stringy, irregular, or the injector drips, change that particular injector. I also have a problem understanding that Bosch is rebuilding injectors poorly. It is possible with all of the outsourcing being done these days that Bosch is unwisely trying to save money. If this is the case it will eventually bite them in the butt as it did about 20 years ago. They were having their alternators and starters rebuilt at a cut rate, and the quality was very poor. Connections were bolted together as opposed to being soldered. Bearings and other key components were not being replaced, and the Bosch reputation suffered until it was corrected.

You might also want to try a high-quality fuel additive such as Redline to help clean the injectors.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w124 300 wagon diesel
Thanks hineywineries

Engine mounts seem okay
am now running a tank of aditive thru

there is quite a lot on th web about poor outsourced bosch injectors, quite a problem if i do need to buy some.
Old 01-13-2011, 10:44 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1993 300D
Try Mercedessource

Hi,

Take a look at the Mercedessource website if you have not already done so. They have a write up and sell a kit with instructions for balancing and rebuilding fuel injectors for about $300. I have not yet done this, but it's on my list.

Best,

Caleb