E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Good installation shops in Houston

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e400
Good installation shops in Houston

I decided a while ago that i was going to get suspension/lowering springs once i was able to afford them. I am now able to afford all parts i want and installation, plus ive got an extra several hundred dollars just incase.

And, i need a really good shop in the Houston area that installes suspension and lowering kits. I need a shop that will understand exactly what they are doing. A shop that will know what spring pads to put on, since many people on here have said it takes several tries.

Also, i do prefer going to Euro Shops but if i find a more general shop that is still really good then i won't mind. I just feel like the Euro shops will have a better understanding since that is what they specialize in.

Last thing, can anyone clear this up for me. There are 2 different sets of lowering springs i can get for my 300e.
H&R makes a set that drops the front 1.3" and the back 1.3".
They also make a set that drops the front 1.5" and the back 1.3".

Which one should i go with? I wan't the car to have a slight forward lean, so with the 1.5" front and 1.3" rear will i just be able to throw on size 1 pads all around and be done with it?
Basically i just need someone the clear up the whole deal with why one drops the front a little more than the other.

Thanks guys!