E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

93 300CE Starting problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1993 300CE
93 300CE Starting problem

Need help!
When cold, car starts fine and continues to run. If I drive it for 20miles to work and turn engine off and then immediately try to restart it, nothing but cranking--will not start, cranks only. Let car cool for several hours and it starts. Drive it home from work for 20miles and when I get home I turn it off and then try to restart--cranks only, will not start. Done this for 4-5days--same result!
NOW, the crazt part! Turn key ON, without starting car, and let it sit for about 30minutes. Turn off and immediately try to start car and--cranks only!! Engine is cold, but something is getting "hot" and failing to start. In both cases, I can't smell gas and I can't tell if fuel pump is running because the buzzer sounds when you turn the ignition on. Let car sit for an hour or so and it starts normally!
The other crazy part is that once I start the car, it will continue to run---never stops(after and hour) but once you turn it off and try to restart, the problems shows up. The "problem" won't kill the engine! It just prevents it from starting!
Any ideas would be appreciated!
Thanks, Bill