E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

1993 300E- Need Insurance Settlement Advise

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
199o 300E, 1993 300E, 1994 E420, 1997 Range Rover 4.6
1993 300E- Need Insurance Settlement Advise

Hello Forum Brothers.........
I have a 1993 300E w/187,000 miles But Very Good condition interior and exterior (black ext./mushroom int.) also recent tune-up as well as lots of other repair and maintenance items(has updated wire harness too). i would honestly grade it an 8 out of 10 grade......

So last week; i was 'backed into' by an older gentleman- whose car was in "reverse" from a stop light. I was standing still behind him at light, and when light changed; he 'gunned it" Into Me.....

His State Farm coverage has accepted Full fault and an estimator will be at my house tomorrow. Damage on my car is crushed grill, busted passenger side headlight and fog light assembly,bent hood, and screeching under hood( that i dont know origin because hood has NOT been opened since accident). and loss of some coolant as temps have been closing in on 'red' area of gauge.
I took car to two of State Farms 'preferred repair ' shops But BOTH refused to open hood and estimate damage if i was Not committing to have repairs done at their shop. Leading me to Call and request State Farm estimator come to Me.

I own the car outright(NO Lien) and one of shops i visited suggested that State Farm would probably Total Out the car because of his estimate of "visual estimate of just exterior damage" without going underhood.

So MY Question Or Advise sought Is; How much $$$ is Fair to accept And what do i Need to Do/Say to maximize offer/settlement from State Farm. Also How do i go about buying car back from State Farm AFTER settlement because car ran great and i would like to have car back and do repairs myself at 'my leisure'.

I am Sure a fellow forum member has been in similar situation and i will Appreciate ALL advise/input and Recommendations from Everyone...Thanks in Advance to All .......