E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

OIL CHANGE LOL!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2011 | 02:18 AM

300E
OIL CHANGE LOL!

No, it's not another what oil is best, or what oil should i use thread.. LOL.

Just got back from a reputable MERCEDES/ BMW OEM PARTS DEALER in the bay area ( http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-and-f-imports-oakland ) (Just a reference that the shop, aint one to BS for a sale.) I went in to get Lubro Moly 5w 40, they told me they were phasing out Lubro Moly, and Offered me TOTAL full synthetic 5w 40 OIL, Supposedly its comparable to Lubro Moly. Oil change is happening tonight, and I'll keep you guys updated on how it fares against Lubro Moly, Castrol Syn, and Mobil1. Havent tried Amsoil yet, so I cant say nothing about that.

Have any of you guys tried it? I tried search feature, and cant find anything. I havent found any FYI threads on Total oil, and would like to inform my w124 people. No, I dont want to hear a debate on Synthetic VS Dino. Usually $35 for 5 qts, $6 per qt, and $7 for MANN OIL FILTER = roughly $50 every 7,500 miles. SYNTHETIC WINS! jk.

BTW: I swear by Lubro Moly, family has been using it for yrs, on all different vehicles (SUV, Sedan, Sports, Domestic, Import).
Old 07-15-2011 | 07:43 AM

2006 C55 AMG 6 speed
TOTAL and CASTROL are popular here. I change my oil every 3-4000 miles usually. I use full synthetic.

They're fine, I guess. Haven't run into any problems. I've found over time that the punchline with oil is the grade, not the brand.
Old 07-21-2011 | 12:25 PM

2006 E320CDI
Originally Posted by CALIFORNIAICE
No, it's not another what oil is best, or what oil should i use thread.. LOL.

Just got back from a reputable MERCEDES/ BMW OEM PARTS DEALER in the bay area ( http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-and-f-imports-oakland ) (Just a reference that the shop, aint one to BS for a sale.) I went in to get Lubro Moly 5w 40, they told me they were phasing out Lubro Moly, and Offered me TOTAL full synthetic 5w 40 OIL, Supposedly its comparable to Lubro Moly. Oil change is happening tonight, and I'll keep you guys updated on how it fares against Lubro Moly, Castrol Syn, and Mobil1. Havent tried Amsoil yet, so I cant say nothing about that.

Have any of you guys tried it? I tried search feature, and cant find anything. I havent found any FYI threads on Total oil, and would like to inform my w124 people. No, I dont want to hear a debate on Synthetic VS Dino. Usually $35 for 5 qts, $6 per qt, and $7 for MANN OIL FILTER = roughly $50 every 7,500 miles. SYNTHETIC WINS! jk.

BTW: I swear by Lubro Moly, family has been using it for yrs, on all different vehicles (SUV, Sedan, Sports, Domestic, Import).
I have an 06 E320 CDI and have been using Total Quartz Energy 9000 0W30 (MB Spec 229.5) for the past 30K miles and have no issues. Engine is running perfectly and has not used any oil. Mileage is also good with the 0W30. It is a group IV PAO base synthetic oil.