E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

HELP!!Las Vegas is 110 degrees: Still No AC

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
199o 300E, 1993 300E, 1994 E420, 1997 Range Rover 4.6
HELP!!Las Vegas is 110 degrees: Still No AC

Hello Forum....I Am "literally" Roasting Here in Las Vegas.. Please Advise Me...
1990 300E with new Radiator,Fuel Pump Assembly,Spark Plugs And wires,Dist Cap and Rotor,Air and Oil Filter,Air Temp Sensor,etc.
Since i restored this gem about 6 months ago; I had NO AC. I had tried exactly Four (4) different 'climate control units' (CCU) and got NO fan/blower /NO hi-low-auto;fan response from any of them. I changed #7 fuse inside fuse box AND 30A strip fuse. So i concluded that i needed to replace blower motor And/OR blower motor regulator. I am sure that 3 of the 4 CCU's are "good".
So three days ago i am driving Las Vegas Blvd and i Hit a Large Pot Hole Very hard at 40 mph; BOOM !!!! And instantly I am getting FULL BLAST HOT AIR from ALL dash vents (left side ,right side, and Both Center vents; as well as windshield defogger vents.) However CCU still dont work to adjust/control Full Blast Hot Air... I have also tried All Four of the different CCU that i have bought trying to fix the issue again Trying to adjust /control/turn off Air blast. NO Response to CCU buttons . When i start the car Its blows HOT Full Blast and does Not stop Until I turn car OFF.
I was already baking in these 100+ temps But Now the Hot Air Blast in these temps is "Unbearable" !!! PLEASE Help/Advise???!!!! THANKS ALL In Advance