E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Another problem... oh why!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89' w124
Exclamation Another problem... oh why!

so im working on my 89' 300e, just finished the alarm and the relay bank for all of the misc things, horn, trunk release, exc, and i see that my doors are locked, so i say "oh, okay" and hit the unlock button on the remote.

... and they dont unlock. So i say, "huh, thats odd" so i stick my key in the door, and only that door unlocks, instead of unlocking them all.

This is when i know somethings up. I tested all of the relays (30 amps on each circut, lock, unlock, exc) and they click, current comes out, yet, doors wont unlock or lock.

I removed the rear seat, and (as far as i know) get to the unit that controls the locks. when i lock and unlock the car, nothing comes out of it, no air or vacuum. I tested the power plug, its good, and i tested the blue and green locking wires, alls good there, but it still wont unlock.

So i guess i have 3 questions.

1: what does the yellow wire on the locking plug do? What kind of voltage should it have?

2: Is it possible the box (i dont know the technical name for it) went out from too high of a voltage on the locking circut?

3: what else could the problem be?

Would love any help guys!

Thanks!
Old 09-13-2011, 08:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
92 500e, 95 E34 525I Touring
Another potential problem could be that your vacuum accumulators are shot. That happens every now and then.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
89' w124
Well thats weird... i just started the car up and they started working again hahaha. I wonder why they stopped working to begin with... oh well.