E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

button on my dash

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 e320se 95 bmw 525
button on my dash

I'm new to mercs always had BMW. There is a button on the left of my dash board it look to be a half cirle with three lines coming down could someone please tell me what that is

Thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Welcome to the forum. Please fill out your profile completely so we might be able to glean from that where you are, and what equipment may be on your car. It can be pertinent in how a question is answered.

To whit. A picture speaks a thousand words here.

I believe that button you are referring to lights up the rear interior light. Look in the middle of the headliner all the way at the back, there should be a light there. It lights up when you open either of the rear doors or when you use the switch. Try it. Let us know if indeed that is what it does...
Old 09-16-2011, 12:36 AM

94 e320se 95 bmw 525
That is exactly what it was for now is there anyway to find out what options came with my car.

Thank
Corey
Old 09-16-2011, 03:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

A lot of things were standard in the US; power windows and locks, sunroof, alloy wheels, automatic, heated windshield nozzles, climate control, cruise control, power seats, ABS, heated rear windshield, foglamps, airbags, entrance lamps, stereo etc etc.

There weren't too many options. In my 1995 E class brochure the only options listed are;
trunk mounted cd changer
multi contour front seats
adjustable steering column
leather interior
electric rear window sunshade
rear seat reading lamps
integrated cellular phone

Package E1 was
heated front seats
headlamp washers
traction control

Package E2 was
adjustable steering column
2 positions drivers seat memory
high performance sound system.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:24 AM

124 320ce amg widebody twin turbo, the nail
hay corey, what i suggest you do is start loads of threads, all addressing the same, or very similar subjects, that would be really cool
Old 09-16-2011, 06:04 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
2006 C55 AMG 6 speed
Originally Posted by the_widebody
hay corey, what i suggest you do is start loads of threads, all addressing the same, or very similar subjects, that would be really cool
My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Corey, create ONE thread per question you have. And if not enough people answer it, or you still don't get the answer you need, you bump that thread. Don't create a new one.

We're all here to help, and while some have a more... evolved sense of humour :P we'll try to do all we can.

Neanderthal, interesting to note the option list over there. Over here, most of the 3.2 and 3.0 models came with traction control, standard stereo, and all were automatics. Most also came with the 6 CD changer, too.