E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

'95 E320 Climate Control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2011, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E320
'95 E320 Climate Control

The climate control unit is not working in '95 E320. I'm not sure if it is practical to replace it ($$$). Heat does enter the car when moving and vents appear to work but no fan. The fan does work, but module doesn't turn it on. I need to know if I can bypass the control unit and engage the low speed fan to run independently. A wiring diagram should show how to re-wire and I need to know how to get into the area. Thank you.
Old 01-01-2012, 04:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e320 wagon
You might do well to check other issues before bye passing the speed control for the blower.

One thing that can cause problems is the wire fuse for the blower. It is not located in the fuse box, if you can figure out the wire cable that comes out of the blower box you will find it will run towards the driver's shock tower. some where near the shock tower in the wire is a small black box, inside is a wire running between 2 screw points. The screws can be loose or the wire burned out.

The resistor can be bad, a likely problem.

The speed controller is complex and tied to the temp dial. There is also a HAL sensor in the system, what ever that is ?

If those things are good then the control unit in the console is likely bad, you can get rebuilt ones for around $225 online .

Good luck