E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Missing E500 and E320 Conv UK "Andrew Stansfield of Classic Benz"

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 01:35 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
C63 W204, E500 W124, Brabus W212 Wagon E250 B25S
Missing E500 and E320 Conv UK "Andrew Stansfield of Classic Benz"

Gentlemen (and to: 190E 16V), Re W124 E500 Silver L55 ACE and E320 Cab Rosewood in UK.
Very sorry for this late reply but I wanted to let you know who helped me that I was very very lucky and managed to locate both my vehicles that Mr Andrew Stansfield of Classic Benz the bankrupt company in the UK.
My Rosewood E320 conv was bought by someone who paid Andrew but the money never went to the children's charity as I donated the car for this reason. It ended up at a local dealer in good faith and I have no title to the vehicle now but at least I know the story and in some way it did help someone who had a child with cancer who ended up passing away last Sept unfortunately, that family was Andrew Stanfield's as the proceeds to the car got caught up in the bankruptacy of the company. A sad story all round but I can put closure to it now.
My treasured E500 I just found out was found by the police still under the ownership of Mr Stansfield and I couldn't believe it but I have since recovered this vehicle and am in the process of selling the vehicle.
Thanks for all your help and encouragement over this time I have not been active on this site as I am pretty busy but just wanted to reach out to all and say thanks for all the help and suggestions on how to get my cars back.
Happy New Year all.

Bakes
(Living in Singapore)
Old 01-10-2012, 03:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
88 W124 300CE
Originally Posted by Bakes
Gentlemen (and to: 190E 16V), Re W124 E500 Silver L55 ACE and E320 Cab Rosewood in UK.
Very sorry for this late reply but I wanted to let you know who helped me that I was very very lucky and managed to locate both my vehicles that Mr Andrew Stansfield of Classic Benz the bankrupt company in the UK.
My Rosewood E320 conv was bought by someone who paid Andrew but the money never went to the children's charity as I donated the car for this reason. It ended up at a local dealer in good faith and I have no title to the vehicle now but at least I know the story and in some way it did help someone who had a child with cancer who ended up passing away last Sept unfortunately, that family was Andrew Stanfield's as the proceeds to the car got caught up in the bankruptacy of the company. A sad story all round but I can put closure to it now.
My treasured E500 I just found out was found by the police still under the ownership of Mr Stansfield and I couldn't believe it but I have since recovered this vehicle and am in the process of selling the vehicle.
Thanks for all your help and encouragement over this time I have not been active on this site as I am pretty busy but just wanted to reach out to all and say thanks for all the help and suggestions on how to get my cars back.
Happy New Year all.

Bakes
(Living in Singapore)

WooooHoooo Strike One for the Good Guys !
Old 01-10-2012, 11:45 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
Hi Bakes;
A sad story all around, but I'm glad that it is resolved to your satisfaction at least.
Best Wishes on the sale.
It was very thoughtful And considerate of you to give is an update.
Sean

Last edited by 190E 16V; 01-10-2012 at 01:37 PM.