E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

WeatherTech vs MB brand all weather mats. Which fit better?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'77 450sl
WeatherTech vs MB brand all weather mats. Which fit better?

Do the WeatherTech all weather mats fit nicer than the Benz brand Hexagon all weather mats? I'm looking for a nice snug fit.

OEM earns points for looks and monogram, but I heard that the weathertech fits quite nicely.

Any thoughts?
Old 02-09-2012, 06:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
I have the MB rubber mats in my car - they fit perfectly, of course. no sliding around.
I find them to be very hard wearing. The rubber is soft and this makes them sit well, but it takes a bit more to clean them of mud - you have to scrub a bit with dishsoap.

I have the weather tech ones in my Highlander. They fit well, but are harder and more rigid. They even scuff a bit.

I expect the Weather Tech are far less expensive than the MB's - both sets came with the cars. My Toyota is less than two years old and my MB is 20. I think the MB mats are as old as the car and holding up really well. You would not notice any wear.

Last edited by 190E 16V; 02-09-2012 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Missing word
Old 02-09-2012, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'77 450sl
Originally Posted by 190E 16V
I have the MB rubber mats in my car - they fit perfectly, of course. no sliding around.
I find them to be very hard wearing. The rubber is soft and this makes them sit well, but it takes a bit more to clean them of mud - you have to scrub a bit with dishsoap.

I have the weather tech ones in my Highlander. They fit well, but are harder and more rigid. They even scuff a bit.

I expect the Weather Tech are far less expensive than the MB's - both sets came with the cars. My Toyota is less than two years old and my MB is 20. I think the MB mats are as old as the car and holding up really well. You would not notice any wear.
Awesome, thanks for you input. Yes the OEM ones are about $40 more. But as long as they fit snugly I don't mind. The reason I ask is because my sister has OEM mats in her GL450 and they are not snug. I want the rubber to go all the way to the edges.

P.S. your silver 500e looks awesome! I noticed you got the updated headlights hood and grill. I recently scored a hood, trunk, body paneling and rocker panel from a 1995 E420 at the junkyard. I paid $64 for EVERYTHING. Gonna convert my '87 to make it look more modern like yours. I've searched everywhere online for the lower headlight trim that goes under the headlights. Where did you get yours? Do you know where I can find them online? They are $35 each at the dealer. More than what I paid for everything at the junkyard!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1987 560SL
The rubber doesn't go all the way to the edges, but it doesn't move either.

Thanks for the compliment.

I like the modern front end look, but I prefer the pre-facelift trunk - looks wider.

The lower headlight trim bits were from the dealer, sorry

Good luck with your project - post pics soon!