E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

e320 ECU Wiring: transmission overload protection switch, clutch pedal switch, CO ...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 02:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W124 E220 carbriolet, '96
e320 ECU Wiring: transmission overload protection switch, clutch pedal switch, CO ...

As some of you may know i am in the middle of changing my m111 to a m104. I have altered a bit of the wiring already to accommodate for the lamba sensor, gearbox wiring and another wire (that truthfully, i still do not know what it does, but its connected now and should be now problem).

The final issue i have now is the ecu wiring, there are 2 looms coming out of it, the engine harness and the other connects to the body harness.

I have a copy of the ecu pin out and there are 3 differences between the wiring harnesses.

The pinout diagram i have states that they are pins 9,22 and 23, which are transmission overload protection switch (TOPS), 22 is cruise control on/off (for 220 engine) and clutch pedal switch (for 320 model). Pin 23 is CO Potentiometer.

I have done some research and found that the TOPS has 3 wires going into it, i am sure that i can work them out with some more research but my issue is with the other two pins, 22 and 23.

Sorry if this is a stupid q, but what are/where are the clutch pedal switch and co potentiometer located?

this is the last hurdle and i want to get the car back on the road as the weather (in the UK) is picking up.
Attached Thumbnails e320 ECU Wiring: transmission overload protection switch, clutch pedal switch, CO ...-untitled.jpg  

Last edited by sagesingh; 03-12-2012 at 02:33 PM.