E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Help, my E260 will not start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-16-2012, 08:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
260e
Help, my E260 will not start

Ok here is the history on this car I have had for many years.

First it has always had a intermittent problem of stalling, once it sits a minute or two it always fired back up so I could never find the problem.

Now it will not run at all, I can put gas into the throttle body and it will run until the gas is gone. No fuel comes out at the injectors at all, the fuel pump works and fuel sprays out at the connection on the throttle body.

I'm pretty sure its one of the two electrical parts on the front and back of the throttle body but I'm not sure what they are or how to test them.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM

C-GAGL Heavy
really fouled injectors could cause that stalling problem you were talking about aswell as the problem you're experiencing now. I don't know gas 124's i drive a diesel, but it sure sounds like that.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:34 PM

260e
Adrian: There is no fuel coming out of the throttle body to the injectors, when I remove the line to any of the injectors no fuel comes out when the engine is started with gas poured in the throttle body. Fuel is making it to the throttle body because when I crack that line fuel sprays. This is a gas engine BTW.

I'm just trying to avoid replacing the whole throttle body unit, maybe I should grab a complete intake and throttle body from Pick N Pull and just try replacing one component at a time off of the donor manifold.