E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

For sale - 1991 w124 300ce m104

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2012, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1991 300CE-24v
For sale - 1991 w124 300ce m104

I've finally decided to try and sell my 300CE. It has served my father and myself well over the past 17 years. My father bought it used from American Service Center in Arlington, VA in 1994 with roughly 13,000 miles. It now has 186,000 miles, and has at least another 150,000 left in her. The car sat in our car-port for about 4-5 years without being driven as we've had other vehicles to drive. I got it with 170,000 miles on it when I got my license a couple years ago. It was titled to me, and we've agreed that I need something newer for my 2 hour commute every morning.

Don't get me wrong - we love this car. We really don't want to see it go. If I don't get the right offer for it, we will not sell it. I want it to go to a good home, which is why I'm listing it here. We've had a lot of work done on it over the past few years. My sister blew the head on a road trip so it had a full head job at about 150,000. All the brake lines were replaced last year - they were the original lines. Front calipers replaced a couple weeks ago - were starting to stick and causing problems such as squealing after the pads heated up.

I have listed most of the things done to the car on the ebay listing.

1991 Mercedes 300CE with 184,000 miles. Champagne exterior with tan leather interior. It has the rare 24 valve 3 liter inline 6 that revs to 7,000 as opposed to the 12 valve model. Has valid VA inspection through 06/2013. It has plus sized Michelin tires - 205s all around. Factory is 195. Just had the drag link, idler arm, and inner & outer tie rods replaced. Oil changed every 3000 miles with Mobile1 Synthetic. All brake lines replaced last summer, they were the original lines. Brake pads and rotors replaced at the same time. New tires at 172,000. Window regulators replaced in February. Thermostat replaced two months ago. I have most maintenance records dating back to 1995. The exterior has some cosmetic blemishes that need to be addressed. They are fairly cheap fixes, I just haven't had the time to fix them. The right front fender has a large dent in it from a minor rubbing accident. The paint at the bottom is slightly chipped and there is a small amount of rust that has formed. The front bumper has a chunk missing from where it clipped on a driveway that was not level. The interior has some minor blemishes as well. The drivers seat has a chunk missing from the left side bolster. It was like this when I got the car. No one notices it unless they're looking at it from the drivers side with the door open. To be honest, I forget about it most of the time. The center console has some hairline cracks due to age, and one crack from a botched aux cable installation job. It has an aftermarket stereo, but it isn't tacky like most are. It fits with the interior. It has the automatic A/C system and a telescoping steering wheel. If you want legroom and headroom, this is the car for you. The front seats just about touch the rear seats when slid all the way back.

Work recently done
Headlight switch and knob replaced
Tail light assemblies fixed
Drivers side door lock tumbler replaced because dealer broke it

Work done last week
Fan clutch replaced - fixed cooling issue
Both front calipers replaced - they were sticking causing a squealing noise when they heated up

Passenger side seat back switch no longer functions - I will fix this before selling if the buyer wishes me to do so
My shop also quoted me at just over $1000 to replace the front shocks, struts and mounts. The front left fender has a dent in it from where I had a minor accident with an SUV on the way to school one day shortly after I got my license. It isn't more than a $500 fix. The bumper also has a chunk missing from where my friend's driveway took a bite out of it.

I'm asking about $4000 for it. I am willing to negotiate on the price a little bit, but I'd like to get all I can for it.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=330800977138

Last edited by dkuhn; 09-27-2012 at 02:00 PM. Reason: Updated EBay link