E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Interior Leather Upholstry

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-23-2003, 04:51 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
94 MBZ E420, 93 BMW ACS 325i
Interior Leather Upholstry

The leather trims are coming off the cubbie hole on the interior side of the front doors as well as the triangular thingy on the inside of the side mirrors. Are those parts replaceable from the dealership?
Old 07-23-2003, 09:34 AM
Almost a Member!

The problem you are having with your door pockets is VERY common. Almost every W124 I've seen has this problem! Go to a reputable upholstry shop and have them sew extra material to the remaining vinyl (yes it's vinyl not leather!). By this I mean the vinyl that is "sticking out" of the leading edge of the pocket. This will give the "extra meat" one needs to re-glue. The problem seems to be that the factory cut the material too short and with time it lifts/unglues itself.

Anyhow, any reputable interior repair shop should be able to help.

Whatever you do DONOT go to Markle's on Roberston Blvd!!!!!!!! It's a fancy shop but the owner IS NOT trust worthy.

I would suggest Pete's Auto Upholstry. He's on Pico just west of La Cienega. Don't be put off by their small shop. They do top notch work. Pete used to work for Markle's and verified my suspicions about Markles. He's had to "fix" work previously done by them.

Haven't heard of the problem that you are having with your side view mirror trims. But try looking online; there are several MBZ junkyards that you can find online. Don't have any urls in front of me right now but I'll to dig a few up and post later. In general I'd stay away from the dealership as much as possible because you will always pay full price.

You can always try Fastlane:

http://www.mercedesshop.com/catalog/index.php3

They have competitive prices and give good service.
Old 07-26-2003, 10:51 PM

Mercedes-Benz 300D TURBO 1987
re-attaching mb tex trim

MB Tex trim can be put back in place using Super glue for mirror backs and contact cement for door pockets. P.