E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

88 300te Stalling with intermittent ABS light

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 07:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1988 Mercedes Benz 300te
88 300te Stalling with intermittent ABS light

I've searched through the forums and have been trying to narrow down my rough idle and stalling problem. I purchased a 88te wagon a few months ago and have since tried to narrow down my problem as cheaply as possible. I first replaced the OVP which seemed like it solved the issue at first. However it is now back with a vengeance and have since replaced: plugs, wires, rotor, cap, a second OVP, fuel pump relay, and a voltage regulator. I also cleaned the oxygen sensor which wasn't that dirty in the first place and I soaked the idle control valve to clean it out. The car fires up nicely and drives normal for about 45 seconds and the ABS light pops on and all of a sudden everything starts to run rough and when I push on the gas pedal it wont accelerate at all until the pedal is all the way to the floor. I am having a hard time determining if this is fuel related or electrical? I'm about the give up on this one and just take it to the pros at this point. Please help guys.