E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

some problems in my w124 m104

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz
some problems in my w124 m104

hello ! my name is john , I wanted to ask in the forum using a user friendly , but eventually create one of my own
I have a friend who has a mercedes benz 300e24 . I do not know which is the year of the car. know that the car has the steering wheel, not the new model. must be before 1992 is not it?
their problems are as follows.
1) the car was long unused, no running for two years.
when he wanted to make it go , the car failed ( still does ) stepping on the pedal fast , not speed , just until it fails and fails to hit top speeds . however if I floor the accelerator slowly and progressively serves .
I think the problem is fuel . low pressure, saturated filter, pump leaking or failure , or damaged fuel distributor .
2) must rotate more than normal until it starts , sometimes fast starts but then stops. probably has no relation with the number one problem
3) do not work folding rear head rests , maybe a fuse ?
4) the abs and asr lights on the dash stay on. sometimes the brake wear light appears . should check the wear sensors
5) The transmission does not exceed 4 to D
Old 03-16-2014, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mercedes benz
I check the fuel pressure with the car running the pressure exceeds 6 bar (about 100 psi, my gauge reaches 6 bar)