E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Unknown vaccum part 1994 E320 convertible

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 E320 Cab
Unknown vaccum part 1994 E320 convertible

Hi, I am new here and if someone can help with my issue I would greatly appreciate it.

My problem started when flushing the radiator coolant. The flush was fine but something came off and I am not sure if the part belongs to the car. I have attached picutres of what it looks like.

Since the flush, my car inside windshield fogs often and not sure if any heater vaccum hoses came off also. The car needs smog check and it failed due to high in HC. I might have not driven the car long enought but wanted to make sure that this part is not the cause of the smog failure.

To retest for smog, I tend to check the spark plugs which I changed about 3k miles only. I will look into throttle body and valves and hose/tube. Any help to remedy my issues is greatly appreciate it.

KC
Old 12-22-2014, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 E320 Cabriolet
Before doing a smog test, I always check the air filter and replace if unable to see light through it, and change the oil and oil filter. It is important to make sure the engine is completely warm before undergoing the test. Sorry, but I don't recognize the vacuum fitting but a vacuum leak would make the car run lean and may be the cause of the failure.