E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Replacing Fuel Injection Pump O-Ring

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2014, 03:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1987 Mercedes 300d M603
Replacing Fuel Injection Pump O-Ring

It looks like I need to replace the O-Ring between the injection pump and the crankcase, i noticed that it is leaking oil (not fuel) and I am trying to fix the few remaining leaks.

I remember reading somewhere that I could replace this O-Ring without having to completely remove the whole injection pump...is this true and if so is there anything I need to pay attention to? Thanks!
Old 12-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Out Of Control!!
Veteran: Army

Received 1,056 Likes on 977 Posts
1999 E300TD
"I remember reading somewhere that I could replace this O-Ring without having to completely remove the whole injection pump...is this true and if so is there anything I need to pay attention to?"

You may be confused with the individual fuel delivery o rings on the top of the pump,however I regret to advise that if you want to install the shaft o ring in one piece---the pump comes out and if you do that I would put the o ring back on a reconditioned pump.

If you do not have access to WIS and all the special tools required to correctly do the job, I would let it leak until the car dies or you are forced to give it up in a divorce action!!