E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Could someone give me a Fuel line positive I.D?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 08:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes e320
Could someone give me a Fuel line positive I.D?

Hello,

Looking for a positive I.D. on what I think are the fuel lines:

I just purchased a '94 MB e320 with 88k miles that seems to be in nearly mint condition with the exception of what I think are the metal fuel lines located under the passenger compartment on the driver's side.

The three metal lines are of a large diameter and are located beside two smaller diameter lines which appear to be brake lines.....

For some reason the three lines (which I think are fuel lines) start to rust directly behind the clamp under the driver side door and continue to rust for the length of the run where they seem to disappear from sight close to where the fuel pump is located. They are like new directly before the clamp.

All five of the lines seem to travel to the front where I loose them as they travel up the firewall.

I was wondering if someone might be able to tell me for certain if these larger diameter lines are fuel lines?

I would assume that at least one is under high pressure?

I've been searching the internet for quite a while for an I.D. but all that I could find was this picture:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/techarti...mall/pic05.jpg

The lines are located directly above the vise grips in the picture.

It's dark, wet, and raining now, so I'm pretty much shut down as far as getting a good picture of my own.

Thank you in advance for any reply.

Last edited by Vonhuster; 09-30-2015 at 08:22 PM. Reason: Wrong link.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,019 Likes on 947 Posts
1999 E300TD
Do yourself a huge favor and learn about your car at the same time--get a free subscription to MB EPC---put your VIN in and you will be amazed at the millions of pictures about your car!!
Old 01-04-2016, 02:43 PM

Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts
W124 260E
Pluto tell us more and how to get it .As i have read a lot about EPC as i am in uk will it work for me .