E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Stock Halogen reflector housing HID project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-23-2016, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
91 e30, 89 e34
Stock Halogen reflector housing HID project

Good morning. Just picked up a beautiful stock 95 s124 , and I'm making a small list of upgrades that I would like to tackle on. One of the first ones is the lighting. I know the ideal thing would be to do a hid projector retrofit, but I think it would kill the look of the car. I want to keep the classic stock look of the lamps, but I definetly need a proper cutoff. Doesn't have to be projector level cutoff, but it has to be acceptable to oncoming traffic. I remember the w140 came with stock xenon headlamps, and they looked pretty good. Has anyone had success with a non projector Hid lamp here? I tried a setup I had with a built in casper shield for the bulb, but I still scatter light above the plane. It's not the best shield as some light escapes onto the lower half of the bowl, so I am going to fabricate a better version of it and try again. I'm even willing to go further to the extreme by blocking the lower half of the bowl, or painting the lower half of the bowl, but I am willing to put maximum effort into it.