E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

W124 guru in MD

Old 02-23-2017, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 W124 E300D
W124 guru in MD

Hey everyone I'm new to this forum. Been lurking for about 2 years and never made an account due to there being so much information I could find through simple searches lol.

I have a 95 E300D. It's served me great and I don't have any major problems from it. But I remember reading an article a while back with an interview of a mechanic in Maryland that works mostly on W124's and particularly the diesels. Now I can't seem to find that article anywhere though.

Does anyone know of the article I'm referencing or perhaps even the mechanic I speak of? Like I said my W124 drives great but there's a lot of little things that need to get taken care of and I haven't had the time to get to it recently. So if I could find him I'd like to just drop it off and have it brought up to spec Thanks for any help you all can provide!! List of the problems below for those that are interested lol. Some may consider some of these major problems, but it still runs great and I do all my work myself usually so they don't bother me. I just have too much on my plate right now and can't get to the problems. Most of them seem to be electrical as well and a more experienced W124 guru may know some culprits that I don't know which may save time and money.

White smoke on startup (believe the injectors need rebuilt)
Water residue in engine bay (Believe the water pump is going out)
Cruise control non functional
Major hood gap (bought it like this but needs adjusted, small chance of needing replacement parts due to previous owner being in a fender bender)
Passenger side window regulator dead
Seat controls stick and headrest controls don't work.
Climate Control Interface needs replaced (no airflow at all and I just replaced the blower motor so that's now the problem. Narrowed it down to the CCI)
Struts are going out (have the replacement set, just no time to do it)
Bose Amplifiers going out (was contemplating getting a wiring diagram and rewiring them to upgraded amplifiers already upgraded the headunit)