E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

More 124 top controller issues...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-10-2017, 09:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 40 Posts
E 63S Wagon Renntech, E55 Renntech, SL65, SL 55 030, ML, bunch of old ones--they come, they go...
More 124 top controller issues...

Never had this much frustration with one, in 40 years of dealing with them.

1. Does anyone know a reputable source for checking the top controller unit, 124-820-4526? Don't suggest BBA, they don"t want to be bothered with it. They can't really tell if there is anything wrong with it or not. They say it's "too far gone for repair, but when pressed, tell me that they really don't have away to fully check it. Nice. Especially after I just spent $60 overnighting it to them, and $35 diagnostic charge for nothing, and another 35 bucks to get it back.

2. Symptoms: When raising or lowering, the roof begins the dance, the well opens, but the roll bars want to try to work at the same time. Kills the process.

3. Anyone know a source for more help? No, I have not read everyone of these threads yet, but I will. Until I can find a way to determine if the box is defective, I fell like I"m wasting my time. Yes, I know that most people say that the box is usually not the problem.