E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

seat belt presenters

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 11:54 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GLK 4Matic, 1999 S600, 1994 E320 Cabriolet
seat belt presenters

My 1994 cabriolet with 12,000 miles has not had the seat belt presenters working since I bought it last year. I checked the fuses and they are OK - replaced them, they are not stuck and there is no noise coming from, either one. Is it possible someone has dissabled both sides by unpluging a harness or pulling a relay. I really don't want to start ripping it apart because since both are not working I think it is probably something simple. Please give me your thoughts. There must be someone out there with some experience.
Old 04-25-2004, 07:25 AM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check the door sensors and make sure your interior light goes on and off when opening and closing the doors and then look under both seats and check that the connectors that leads to the seat belt anchor are connected.

If the above check out you will have to remove the rear card to get to the motor to see if there is power. Its an easy job, just remove the rear seats and you can unclip the panel. I believe there are a couple of microswitches and a control unit back there.

See links below

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

I think there is a single control module that operates both extender arms in the link below. Situated on the Right side of the vehicle (if your sitting in it).

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS

HTH

Last edited by Sp!ke; 04-25-2004 at 07:31 AM.