E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

M104 idles high

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 07:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1994 e320 wagon
M104 idles high

My 1994 e320 idle around 1500-2000 rpm. I can't seem to figure out why,
So far I have replaced the wiring harness, throttle body,maf,ovp,intake boots,spark plugs,and checked for vacume leaks(there where none). And yet it still idles high, at this point I'm stumped. I'm about ready to take it in to a shop, but before that I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction
The car runs and drives just fine other that the high idle. No cel. But I do have code #6( idle speed control inop.) But all I can find about that code said to change the ETA witch I already did.
Old 06-28-2019, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes w124 320c
M104 3.2 high idle

Originally Posted by Thomas Dorsey
My 1994 e320 idle around 1500-2000 rpm. I can't seem to figure out why,
So far I have replaced the wiring harness, throttle body,maf,ovp,intake boots,spark plugs,and checked for vacume leaks(there where none). And yet it still idles high, at this point I'm stumped. I'm about ready to take it in to a shop, but before that I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction
The car runs and drives just fine other that the high idle. No cel. But I do have code #6( idle speed control inop.) But all I can find about that code said to change the ETA witch I already did.

hi I have the same problem the car hade a new head gasket fully rebuilt head new timing chain kit new top end gasket set full service on the gearbox and new wiring harness

however when it warms up the idle goes up and it’s idles about 1500 and after that is dosent have much power of nothing everything what’s possible had been changed all sensors everything I have no idea what it could be please can anyone help me

Wondering have you found the solution to the problem
However when it warms up about

zalewski14@icloud.com