E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

1995 E320 Will not start

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 E320
1995 E320 Will not start

I have been researching this issue with my 1995 E320 for several months. The car will turn over but will not start. I was not getting fuel pump movement at first, I have tested existing fuel relay and determined it is fine. I have also purchased a new one prior to doing the testing so I have two that work. I have replaced the OVP relay today as it looked like one of the relay points had been cooked. I have fuel pressure but the car will still not start. I have checked and do not see spark on the plugs. I know the oil pressure sender has gone bad as i have had a low pressure light on but the car ran with full pressure prior to issues and the light was on. Could the pressure sender cause the computer to not allow for spark? Also... I have replaced both harnesses.

Last edited by redsn8k; 01-04-2018 at 04:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95 E320
Today's efforts

Originally Posted by redsn8k
I have been researching this issue with my 1995 E320 for several months. The car will turn over but will not start. I was not getting fuel pump movement at first, I have tested existing fuel relay and determined it is fine. I have also purchased a new one prior to doing the testing so I have two that work. I have replaced the OVP relay today as it looked like one of the relay points had been cooked. I have fuel pressure but the car will still not start. I have checked and do not see spark on the plugs. I know the oil pressure sender has gone bad as i have had a low pressure light on but the car ran with full pressure prior to issues and the light was on. Could the pressure sender cause the computer to not allow for spark? Also... I have replaced both harnesses.
Replaced all relays and tested all relays fully and they all work OVP,Fuel Pump etc. jump tested power to pin 30 and 87 on fuel relay plug and the fuel pump kicks on and provides pressure. Tested fuel relay plug pins 86 and 85 for power and only showed 8.5 volts? Not enough power to kick the relay. Also tested spark and no spark being created at the spark plugs? Could this be a bad ECM? Engine turns over but no spark or fuel.