E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

WTB - 300CE Coupe

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 07:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
300CE coupe
WTB - 300CE Coupe

Hello, all. New member here. Hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not, would you let me know?

I'm entering the market to buy a 300CE coupe (no soft-top). I owned one back in the nineties and loved it. I'm ready to get back in. Not interested in any black or white ones, so I know that will limit my options. Just a clean, well-sorted model with proper service records. If you have one, or know of anyone who does, would you let me know?

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Lansdale, PA, USA
Old 05-24-2018, 02:51 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Westview95
Hello, all. New member here. Hope I'm posting this in the right place. If not, would you let me know?

I'm entering the market to buy a 300CE coupe (no soft-top). I owned one back in the nineties and loved it. I'm ready to get back in. Not interested in any black or white ones, so I know that will limit my options. Just a clean, well-sorted model with proper service records. If you have one, or know of anyone who does, would you let me know?

Thanks in advance,
Bill
Lansdale, PA, USA
After a lengthy and exhaustive search I picked up a clean CA example a couple years ago that I'm considering selling. It's a '94, one of the last years of the W124 coupe. So it is technically a E320 coupe with the facelift and the DOHC M104 engine. This thing puts a smile on my face every time I take it out on the weekend. I bought with approx 70K mi and it now has 80K. It was originally owned by Williams Sonoma in the San Francisco bay area. I believe it must have been a company car. They had it serviced at the Mercedes dealership in San Francisco and I have the original manual with all the service mileage intervals stamped inside. I've installed H&R coils, Bilstein shocks, genuine AMG Monoblock II's and Continental tires, all of which were Made in Germany. Interior is practically brand new. This coupe is as tight a drum and incredibly clean. It starts right up even after sitting for two weeks and the engine runs incredibly smooth and pulls with plenty of power. I actually don't want to part with it, but I could be convinced, and since I am in the Los Angeles area it would require shipping which may take it out of your price range. Shipping should be about $1K. Anyway, please enjoy some pics of my coupe and from a fellow coupe lover, welcome good luck with your search. I was in the same boat as you a couple years ago. It's gonna be a really tough journey if you are as picky as I was.

https://www.use.com/Ogxbb

Last edited by CaliColin; 05-24-2018 at 02:59 AM.
Old 05-26-2018, 11:50 AM

300CE coupe
I did find mine already. Thanks anyway, Colin. Beautiful car. Good luck with sale.
Bill
Old 05-28-2018, 02:15 AM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Westview95
I did find mine already. Thanks anyway, Colin. Beautiful car. Good luck with sale.
Bill
Great! Well post some pics already!
Old 06-05-2018, 02:04 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1994 e320 coupe
no kidding. Post some pics!
Old 06-14-2018, 08:09 PM

300CE coupe

Sorry, life got busy. Here's a few shots of my new '88 300CE coupe. She has 170k miles on the clock; spent most of it's life in FL and GA. Exterior is excellent (pagett red metallic). Seats have a few tears (beige leather). Still sorting out a few mechanical and electrical issues.
Old 06-19-2018, 04:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
1994 e320 coupe
Nice! Congrats! Post separate threads on your mech/elec issues.

We're here to help. Got any plans for her other than sorting it out?