E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Best source for 1995 E320 headlight and front fender? (US spec)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2019, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E320 and a 2002 G500
Best source for 1995 E320 headlight and front fender? (US spec)

Hi Everybody,

First off, a general thank you to the many members here who have written about various problems with their W124 automobiles and the solutions to those problems. This has been a big help to me on occasion (overall my 1995 E320 has been amazingly reliable). Now to the sad part: Unfortunately my first post here is prompted by my becoming the 7th car in a (formerly) 6 car pile up on the Dan Ryan expressway recently. We were all going around 65 mph in the left lane when all of a sudden the rather large vehicle in front of me suddenly swerved into the next lane over (he had room to - I didn't). And right in front of me was the traffic accident. Fortunately I had been maintaining a reasonable distance, but the car now in front of me was not just slowing down, it was already stopped. I jammed on the brakes and the ABS did its thing, and during those long seconds of maximum braking I thought at first, "Oh man, this is going to be bad" followed by "Hey, maybe I'm going to be able to stop in time" to the final, "Crap - I'm not going to be able to stop quite in time." With the downward angle from the heavy braking my front bumper went under the back of the Chevy Blazer I hit. I had driven as far to the left as I could without sideswiping the cement barrier which luckily saved the grill and the driver side headlight and fender. But the passenger side headlight and the front of the right front fender took the hit and the hood is kinked a bit as well. My body guy thinks he can save the hood (thank God) but I need a new headlight and front fender.

Does anyone know a good source for these, particularly the fender? I don't want to buy a cheap aftermarket fender made of inferior steel that will rust away, but I don't want to pay the full MB factory price either (if Mercedes even still offers the replacement fender). Basically I want it all - good quality and a reasonable price. Any ideas?

Thanks,

John
Old 05-18-2019, 07:26 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
04 E500, 00 SL500, 99 SL500, 94 E420, 92 500E, 92 500E, 92 300CE, 06 Lexus GX470
The fender is still available new from Mercedes, about $300, If that's out of your price range, go to a breaker, maybe $100 or so...
surprised your body guy isn't resourceful enough to figure this out, it's his job to find parts...

eBay has used headlights, one example linked below..

https://www.ebay.com/itm/94-95-Merce...0AAOSwsIFcia6H

good luck
Old 05-18-2019, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 E320 and a 2002 G500
Thanks! I didn't realize the factory fender would be so reasonably priced. Will still check out that one you listed from eBay, and might tour the local pick your part yards as well (but being in Chicago I'm concerned about rust - my Mercedes was a California/Nevada car its whole life and stays in a garage here in the winter and other than my front end customization, looks factory new).

And yes, my friend and his body shop certainly could locate the parts. But time is money, and I am off for the summer (I changed careers and am one semester away from graduating from the Chicago City Colleges Nursing Program). Starving students find their own parts...