E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

help! rear camber adjustment after lowering

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 06:40 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 VW Golf TDI
Unhappy help! rear camber adjustment after lowering

Can you help me? I have new Eibach Pro Kit springs, Bilstein HD shocks, and AMG +1 wheel tire combo on my 1995 e320 W124. The car was lowered by a bit more than 1.25 inches in the rear and just shy of 1 inch in the front. The car looks and rides great, but the rear camber is almost 3 degrees and there is currently no way to adjust this excessive camber. Is there a product that can reduce rear camber? RENNtech concentric bushings? or some other kind of alignment kit for my W124? Eibach doesn't make an alignment kit for my car. I called Eibach and they told me that my springs were mounted upside down because the label on the springs was upside down. They were wrong, because the springs are flat on the top and had to be mounted the way they are. Eibach supposedly made these springs for the car, but with no camber adjustment these springs are not made correctly for the car and the people at Eibach can't help me. I think we should steer clear of Eibach. They don't seem to know what they are doing.

Last edited by ksing44; 05-02-2002 at 07:02 AM.
Old 05-01-2002, 01:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 GL350
The Renntech camber & toe bushings will solve your problems. They are not cheap, but will pay for themselves quickly.

Annsonnn Motorsports generally have the best prices on them. 408-313-2509
Old 05-02-2002, 06:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2010 VW Golf TDI
Thumbs up solution to rear camber

I found the K-MAC concentric rear bushing that allows for rear camber and toe adjustments for the W124, k-mac.com, renntech.com, and Annsonnn Motorsports (408-313-2509). I am going to get them because my camber is -2.9, way too much! Luke@tirerack.com helped me as did "goalie_k" from MBworld.org Forums and Mario at MBNZ.org. Eibach has been useless and still says my springs are upside down because the letters are upside down, even though the springs are flattened on the top, round on the bottom, and can only be installed one way. I should also tell you that the Tirerack sales/tech support was useless. It was Luke@tirerack.com that notified me through the forum post that there was a solution. The rest are defending the Eibach springs, saying that my camber should be fine without adjustment. They are wrong. I'm sitting here looking at the car with an exceptional mechanic that races Porsche 911's and he has the finest alignment equipment available. The rear camber is almost -3 and that is way too much. The rest of the alignment is in spec for the rest of the car. The man at RENNtech was very knowledgeable and knew all about the problem that occurs when you lower a W124. Why doesn't Eibach or Tirerack just tell you that you will need a concentric bushing to fix the rear camber? They don't even have to sell it, just let us know that we will need one and maybe tell us where to get one. I love the car and it is great with the modifications. I just need to get the rear camber under control. Thanks for the help on the W124 forum at MBNZ.org and at the W124 forum at MBworld.org

Last edited by ksing44; 05-02-2002 at 07:09 AM.
Old 05-19-2002, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E220 cab, W124
Some make compensation with the toe to approximative 3 mm in each side. 1 inch is 25,4 mm.