E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

New guy here searching for a good source for an engine wiring harnessfor

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-21-2019, 03:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'94 and '95 E320 sedans
New guy here searching for a good source for an engine wiring harnessfor

Hi. I just recently picked up a 1995 E320. I also have a '94 I'm currently sorting out. The 95 needs a complete exhaust replacement and it also has the dreaded eco-junk engine harness.
The previous owner kept good records of the cars service and was very forthcoming about the wiring harness issue. He wrapped some of the harness using aero tape as a short term fix.

I need to find an upgraded harness. I'm 99.5% sure it is the later 1244402933 part. I'll check for sure tomorrow, but the car is a later 95 so I'm fairly sure it won't be a 5632 harness. I would be very shocked and happy if it were, as I have a spare 5632 intended for my '94 but not needed.

The '95 has a slight misfire which I believe may go away once the harness has been replaced. Can anyone steer me in the direction of an upgraded Delphi harness that won't send me to the poor farm? I had an independent mechanic check out the car. He said the car was in great condition except for the slight misfire and the leaky exhaust. I could tell the car was blowing a tad bit. He quoted me around $1200 for the full exhaust system including the cat. converter. Another $200 for installation labor.

I'm pretty good at comparison shopping for car parts. I managed to source out a Bosal system and add a DEC cat. converter for less than $800. Anyone have experience owning Bosal systems? I'm guessing the mechanic was supplying Walker exhaust parts. He didn't specify,but had signs in his shop advertising Walker. That's just a guess. This was my first time visiting this mechanic. He has good reviews online and charged $30 for general inspection. I figured that was good money spent since I don't have a lift and because my '94 E320 is in my garage as I'm replacing the complete brake system.

BTW, I never give my cars names, but I have named my black '94 sedan Gisele, and my dk blue '95 sedan Genia.. I want to keep both the cars on the road for many years to come. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Bruce
Old 12-22-2019, 05:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'94 and '95 E320 sedans
UPDATE: turns out I won't be needing this engine wiring harness after all. The actual harness I need is not the 2933 but the 5632. I already have one of these as a spare.
Thanks anyway. Bruce (dcman2003)