E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

Your E320 Convertible will not jump very far...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 08:43 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
95 E320 cab, 81 300D,, 83 300D
Your E320 Convertible will not jump very far...

Detailed the carr on Friday, thinking I might take it up to Asheville, NC on Sat. Had forgotten just how striking it us, all polished up like it was prom night. FF next AM, - quick run to the store for some milk (sounded like marbles in my carton - thought it best not to open the cap for a sniff check).. Road Construction, loose gravel surface, oncoming car in a perfect - and clearly uncontrolled/unintended - 4 wheel drift. Trees on the right, lush green grass on the left. Not much of a decision. I never noticed before, but there are no signs for "creek bed on the shoulder - 10ft drop hidden these bushes.
Took a couple of crews to get the car out. They had to drag it across a couple of concrete culverts. Amazingly the "down" looks to have only had damage to the quarter panel. It's entirely possible that an airborne landing on to its side may have resulted in light cosmetic damage. Course, that's neither here nor there - but I thought ya'lll would feel better knowing in such a situation, assuming you haven't driven down into the holler, you could probably topple her back onto the rubber and drive away. This girl is a goner though - sitting in my yard waiting for my insurer.

The Duke boys made it look much easier

The "down" side - not bad. Maybe because of the soft landing - but I swear it looks like the mirror and A pillar kept the entire front and door off the ground.

Little bit worse here - she took some hits coming out of the creek.

They day before..... Her sibling w123's in the background were jealous of the pretty girl who got all the attention because her top came off!
Old 08-03-2020, 08:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
93 W124 2.5TD
Could the chassis have bent? Hope your okay.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:05 AM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
95 E320 cab, 81 300D,, 83 300D
I doubt it - but the car is a total loss. On the fence as to whether I'll buy it back. I'm fine - as is my dog who was also in the car
Prob not.