E-Class (W124) 1984-1995: E 260, E 300, E 320, E 420, E 500 (Includes CE, T, TD models)

New to the MBWorld and I need some assistance.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2004, 12:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New to the MBWorld and I need some assistance.

First off I would like to say I have been reading MBWorld.org's forums and I am very impressed at the tight knit community MBWorld appears to have I am honored to be a part of it. Now for the questions. I have recently purchased a 1987 300td Wagon nice car..Real nice car. I have owned it approxiamately 1 month and put 3 thousand miles on it. The car began dieseling after about approx 3 weeks and 2400 miles. I started using the stop switch under the hood until I could research the problem in the forums of MBWorld.org But the problem advanced further in a hurry I noticed the central locking stopped working and then the the car wouldn't start. I stopped at the store on the way home lifted the hood hit the stop button ran in to the store came out and went to start the car and turn the key the plug light goes out turn to start and nothing. I pop the hood to see what was going on(I am fairly mechanically inclinded, and I noticed the stop switch was up so high I had to push it down just to read the lettering. It was raised about 3 inches further than normal. I also could hear something huming inside the car coming from the back of the car I figured it was the fuel pump.

Right now the car it at a import specialty repair shop Recommend from the used car dealer I purchased it from. I am not looking to repair the car myself right now I am just looking for an explaination and maybe a worse case senario of repair bill cost for the car. I was thinking the vacuum pump or a vacuum line was off until the it wouldn't start anymore.

PS.

I have read the forums and searched for like problems before I asked this question and I couldn't find an exact match. Any input good or bad is appreciated.

Thanks

Mike
Old 08-15-2004, 03:22 AM

2008 E92 M3
hey wutsup, welcome to the site! As far as your problem goes i wont be much of help...unless u wanna know how to install Eurolights/tailights/shifters/etc lol..but welcome, hey drop by www.bnzsport.com also a great forum with great info that may help u!
Old 08-17-2004, 07:43 PM

Got the car back from the repair shop and it turned out to be a STARTER and a vacuum shutoff valve. Totaling 566.15 OUCH!! Thanks for the time.

Mike